Senior Energy Consultant
Company: NewGen Strategies & Solutions
Posted on: February 20, 2021
At NewGen Strategies and Solutions, our vision is to be the
consulting company that makes a difference for our clients, our
employees, and our community. Our values include making an impact,
fostering innovation, expecting quality, cultivating community, and
serving as a trusted advisor to our clients and community. We are
searching for a detail-oriented Senior Consultant to join our team
in the Vancouver, WA or Lakewood, CO areas. Other qualities desired
in the ideal Senior Consultant include:
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the areas of economics,
financial statement analysis, and accounting (public utility
- Must be team oriented and work effectively with people at all
levels in the organization
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting, with prior
supervisory or project management experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite of Products
(Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Prior experience supporting expert witness testimony or serving
as an expert witness is a plusIf our Senior Consultant position
sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your resume and
cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job DescriptionNewGen is currently hiring for a Senior Consultant
position in our Energy practice. This is a position for a
professional who has fairly extensive work experience and technical
expertise in energy utility economics, advisory or other relevant
areas, and who is capable of managing or performing small- to
medium-sized client projects of reasonable complexity. The Senior
Consultant is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of
projects that are of average complexity or the completion of
portions of projects that are of above average complexity. The
duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation, review, and analysis of regulated
utility rate applications before public utility commissions and
courts of law including the examination, preparation, and challenge
of revenue requirements, cost of service, and rate design.
- Participate in and support ongoing litigation efforts including
the review and preparation of discovery, filings, schedules,
workpapers, testimony, and settlement materials.
- Review and analyze financial statements and financial
information to assess overall utility management, financial
performance, and adequacy of current and proposed pricing
- Project management and prosecution of work including the
effective use of NewGen technical and support resources.
- Performance of basic to advanced financial analysis and
preparation of financial models with user-friendly dashboards to
improve flexibility in decision making addressing our client's most
- Engage in routine contact with the client during all phases of
- Maintain contact with the client after project is completed to
promote future business activity.
- Monitor costs of projects under direct supervision,
communicates schedule or cost problems to the Project Manager and
proposes corrective measures when schedule or cost problems arise
- Assist in the preparation and review of invoices relevant to
projects under direct supervision.
- Assist in the project proposals and support business
development activities, including conference participation.
- Cooperate and communicate with other professionals and support
staff assigned to the various phases of a project.
- Perform detailed review of work performed under his or her
- Performance of industry and/or project specific research.
- Prepare and deliver reports, memoranda, and/or presentations
summarizing data analysis and results.
- Identify, define, pursue, and obtain business from existing and
- This position is a full-time position with benefits including
holidays, personal time off and a retirement program. The workload
will vary based on project requirements. Some evening or weekend
hours and travel may be required.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in Accounting, Business,
Economics, Finance or related fields.
- Candidate must be team oriented and demonstrate proven
analytical skills in the areas of engineering economics, enterprise
financial planning, and public utility accounting with Advanced
Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Preference for experience in utility accounting or finance,
public accounting, utility regulatory proceedings, or directly
related work experience.
Additional Information Location: Vancouver, WA or Lakewood,
COEmployee Type: Full-time
Compensation And BenefitsWe offer competitive salaries and bonuses.
Our benefits package is competitive and includes medical insurance,
401K Plan with matching, vacation, and flexible work schedules.
Investment in both formal and informal professional development is
encouraged and funded by NewGen.
Base Compensation Range: $75,000 - $95,000
The range provided is NewGen's reasonable estimate of the base
compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or
lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as location,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Keywords: NewGen Strategies & Solutions, Vancouver , Senior Energy Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!