Council for the Homeless - Finance Director
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Council for the Homeless - Finance Director
Vancouver, WA Starting salary range is $2,500.00 - $2,916.67 per
month DOE. This is a part-time, non-exempt position, working 20
hours per week.-- The Council for the Homeless (CFTH) operates the
Housing Solutions Center, our community's one-stop access point for
over 40 housing assistance programs, including emergency shelter,
homelessness prevention, and programs designed for specific
populations such as families or unaccompanied youth. Staff and
volunteers at the Housing Solutions Center work with clients to
assess their housing needs and connect them to their best fit
housing solution, as well as connect them to services in the
community that will help them on their journey toward safe and
stable housing. Housing Coordinators also work closely with partner
agencies to understand referral needs and identify those eligible
for program.-- Position Summary-- The position of Finance Director
serves as member of the CFTH Management Team and is an active
participant in making strategic decisions that impact CFTH. The
Finance Director is responsible for the daily operations of our
payroll and accounting Contractors to ensure all aspects of our
financial department are meeting contractual standards and
non-profit best practices. The Finance Director position will work
in partnership with the Executive Director and the Management Team.
- Support the agency mission, values, equity statement, strategic
goals and policies in words and actions.
- Implement, maintain a system of internal controls for company
financials and assets.
- Continually evaluate financial and accounting functions,
improving as necessary, including systems related to fund
accounting, IT and check requests.
- Create, update and effectively follow policies and procedures
aligned with the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and in
accordance with the financial management techniques and practices
appropriate to the non-profit industry.--
- Work with the finance committee to present monthly financials,
create and revise needed policies and ensure audits are conducted
- Coordinates timely completion of audits and compliance with
grants and funders.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the organization and its
programs along with an analysis; works in partnership with agency
management teams to make sounds business decisions.
- Partner with the Executive Director to prepare agency/program
budgets and forecasting.
- Develop and implement financial management strategies and
initiatives to improve contract/invoicing efficiencies, program
quality and a diverse revenue base.--
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board finance committee.
- Oversee banking activities and actively manage cash flow to
ensure it meets agency needs.
- Address agency risk through policies and procedures, including
identification, management and mitigation.
- Maintain an agency infrastructure for long-term sustainability
and quality service delivery.--
- Work with the CFTH's housing subsidiary corporation, Housing
Initiative, LLC, to address their financial oversight needs.--
- Strong knowledge of non-profit accounting and governmental
- Experience with single audits (A-133).
- At least three years' experience as a Finance Director and/or a
senior accounting role--
- Experience working with and presenting financials to a finance
committee and/or Board of Directors.--
- Experience analyzing data to share information, inform
strategic planning and engage in a continuous quality improvement
- Works well in a consistently changing and dynamic
- Ability to work collaboratively across agency teams.--
- Ability to embrace varying cultural experiences and
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office Suite
competency. Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Lived experience of homelessness.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a language other than
- Experience with Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HUD financing
and federal housing programs.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in related field.
- Valid driver's license and access to automobile required.-- The
Council for the Homeless / Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) offers
a competitive benefit package including medical and dental, WA
PERs, deferred compensation, life insurance, and long term
disability. For more information on the Council for the Homeless
please visit our website at www.councilforthehomeless.org. Please
note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will
be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status
during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed as they
come in. The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applications for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Vancouver , Council for the Homeless - Finance Director, Accounting, Auditing , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!