Patient Account Representative Customer Service / Collections
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Responsible for working claims from start to finish to fully
support the patients' needs. Maintains A/R at acceptable aging
levels by prompt follow-up of unpaid claims, denied claims and
underpaid claims. Provide information over the phone for all
patients billing questions directed to the central business office.
Review all credit balances for possible refunds. Perform all duties
in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the clinic's
mission and philosophy.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer calls and responds to patient inquiries and/or problems
regarding bills in an accurate, prompt, and courteous manner.
- Identify delinquent accounts and contact patients to negotiate
a payment plan.
- Respond to collection agency correspondences and agency
- May review returned mail to skip trace.
- Thoroughly and timely work accounts in work queues as defined
by policies and procedures.
- Respond to any correspondence attached to patient
- Process bankruptcy and probate accounts.
- Evaluate patient eligibility for financial assistance
- Receive patient requests for information and adjustments.
Initiates resolution as identified in department policies and
- Post all insurance payments in a timely and accurate
- Post all insurance denials in a timely and accurate
- May process the insurance claims correspondence and mail
- Read and interpret EOB's (Explanation of Benefits)
- Provide quality customer service and resolution to callers'
- Process appropriate refund in accordance with department
policies and procedures.
- Present unresolved patient concerns to the Team Lead for
resolution immediately with related documentation.
- Document account activity accurately and promptly during or
immediately following each patient encounter on the telephone or in
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of claims,
denials, appeals and re-bills of insurance claims.
- Responsible for the analysis and necessary corrections of
patient accounts as it pertains to clean claim submissions,
re-bills or appeals.
- Responsible for maintaining work queues .
- Responsible for identifying potential errors that require
necessary coding reviews, corrections or adjustments.
- Responsible for telephone and/or written correspondence with
insurance companies for claims follow up.
- Responsible for correctly identifying and updating various
types of insurance entry information.
- Maintain basic understanding and knowledge of health insurance
plans, policies and procedures.
- Make suggestions on improving Clinic procedures to improve
billing accuracy and collections.
- Must be accepting of diversity and willing to participate in a
team environment; as well as, willingness to follow clinic policies
and procedures as established.
- Must attend all required staff meetings, in-service meetings
and participate in task force activities.EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in health care accounting within
a medical office preferred.
- Knowledge of private billing and collections regulations
- Must be a proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust,
be highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning,
communication and staying on track.
- Demonstrated customer service expertise.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance contract practices, third
party billing and billing to private clients preferred.
- Keyboarding minimum 40 wpm.
- Accurate 10 key by touch and familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work in a highly demanding atmosphere, with a
variety of personalities within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
extensive hands-on computer background.The above information is
intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required
in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted
as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of those assigned to this job.We offer a
competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs
covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability,
generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k)
plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as
position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more
information.Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
federal law.Documented vaccination, immunity, or written
declination of vaccine for certain preventable contagious diseases,
including COVID-19, is a requirement of employment at Vancouver
Clinic. Vancouver Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace.
Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug screen,
background screen, and immunization requirements.
Keywords: The Vancouver Clinic, Vancouver , Patient Account Representative Customer Service / Collections, Accounting, Auditing , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!