Senior Manager, US Tax
Company: Targeted Talent
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Who They Are? Our Client is not your typical accounting firm.
Based in Coquitlam, they go beyond the traditional role associated
with most accounting firms and become trusted business partners and
advisors for their clients. They work primarily with
privately-owned businesses to provide a unique, customized, and
coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax
planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers &
acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning. About
the Role In this client-facing leadership role, you will work
closely with their team of managers and associates to implement
accounting, tax, and business planning strategies for clients. Your
primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implement tax planning assignments for clients
with a cross-border focus.
Performing technical research, developing and documenting tax
planning recommendations, interpreting Tax Treaties.
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning
work, such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the
taxpayer (capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.).
- Assist organizations in deciding which US corporate structure
will be the most effective from a tax perspective - subsidiary,
branch, or joint-venture partnership, and assisting clients in
choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing that are
- Reviewing US corporate tax returns and other tax work prepared
Identifying opportunities within the existing client base and
continued business development to expand the US Tax Practice.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional
development of staff. Required Experience, Qualifications and
- Undergraduate university degree
- Canadian and/or US CPA designation
- 7+ years of public practice experience, with a minimum of 5 of
those in the US and/or cross-border tax
- 4+ years of experience managing a team
- Strong tax compliance and tax planning background with a deep
understanding of the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium
sized businesses operating in the US
Keywords: Targeted Talent, Vancouver , Senior Manager, US Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!