Supervisor Patient Financial Services - Admitting
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 21, 2022
PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Patient Financial Services -
Admitting for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Evening position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose
series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final
dose prior to start date.
Responsible for the selection, training, performance and schedules
of assigned staff. Monitors overall services, developing quality
and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as
ensuring continuous improvement to optimize patient care and
stewardship of resources with patient access. Oversees day-to-day
work of Registration and Financial Counseling functions
* Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting
organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and
recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory
* Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance
and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates
performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful
and constructive feedback.
* Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies,
procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and
operations of the department. Monitors daily activity and
completion of performance and metric reports such as financial
clearance reports; also can perform special projects and reporting
* Conducts hiring, training, performance evaluations, schedules,
act upon leave requests, timecards and participation in corrective
actions of assigned staff. Ensures team is monitoring account
workload daily through workflow management
* Oversees training, focusing on continuous improvement to optimize
days in accounts receivable and cost to collect. Works with
leadership to develop training and monitoring programs. Monitors
productivity of assigned staff.
* Works with leadership to evaluate workflow, resources, equipment
and expenditures, make recommendations for enhancements, purchases,
streamlining processes and procedures. Identifies and communicate
issues, backlogs, or opportunities that will directly impact
patient satisfaction, patient throughput and financial
* Oversees work to ensure it is in accordance with regulatory
requirements, policies/procedures and departmental standards
relating to HIPAA and other government requirements.
* Assists with research and create recommendations to maximize
patient experience, and streamline day-to-day operations to improve
financial performance as needed
* Assumes on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staffing and
problem-solving. Supports and assists in department function as
needed based on volume and workload.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum two years in healthcare billing, medical records,
finance, business operations or patient registration is
* Previous leadership experience or training is preferred.
* Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including
Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
* Must be able to manage conflict effectively and
* Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting
time sensitive deadlines.
* Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
* PIMC: Will perform environmental services, security assistance
and emergency response duties as needed. Requires BART training
(de-escalation training) within 30 days of hire.
* Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of
* Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
* Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
* Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention
to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , Supervisor Patient Financial Services - Admitting, Accounting, Auditing , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!