Search Engine Marketing Specialist
Company: Northwest Media Collective, Inc
Posted on: August 2, 2022
NWMC strives to ensure equity, diversity, and inclusion
principles in our hiring process. Applications from women, BIPOC,
LGBTQ people, people of varying abilities, and/or veterans are
Our base of search engine marketing clients is growing! We're
looking for the right candidate to take our Google Ads and SEO
accounts to the next level.
We seek an SEM Specialist who can not only meet our clients'
objectives but also help with internal process improvements within
As an SEM Specialist, you will be part of our company's Marketing
department. You will work closely with our Marketing Manager, SEO
Specialist, Social Media Specialist, and web development team to
plan, develop, and execute multiple SEM campaigns at a time on a
continual basis. In this position, you'll expand your Google Ads
and SEO skills and knowledge.
We are looking for a team member who:
Is a self-starter
- You don't need to be told what to do. You know what needs to be
done and do it!
Has an insatiable appetite for the latest trends in SEM
- Marketing practices and tools are constantly evolving; you have
a strategy for keeping up with the latest opportunities and best
- You are the type of person to see tough tasks as opportunities
to learn more rather than challenges to overcome.
- You have the ability to learn from and handle critiques; you
are flexible and responsive to feedback.
Can manage multiple deadlines
- You can independently manage your time well to meet tight and
overlapping deadlines for multiple projects and clients.
- You proactively update your team members on your progress,
keeping them in the loop and projects moving forward.
Lets no detail slide
- Dotting your i's and crossing your t's are second nature to
you. Errors are few and far between, but when they do occur, you
take the initiative to identify and fix them.
Wants a fast-tracked professional development path
- We're a rapidly expanding team with professional growth
opportunities for project managers. Where do you see your future
self? Let's make it happen!
- Building logical, step-by-step manuals brings you joy.
SEM Specialist Duties
- Lead the strategy, execution, and reporting for Google Search,
Shopping, Display, and Remarketing campaigns for multiple
- Manage landing page development
- Report performance on monthly basis to senior leadership and
- Audit search and shopping channels including feeds, keywords,
bids, audience segments, geo and demo targets, creative, landing
- Execute tests, collect, and analyze data, and identify trends
and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI
- Optimize ad copy and perform routine testing
- Perform ongoing paid keyword research, discovery, expansion,
- Research and analyze competitor activity to expand search
- Be the subject matter expert on SEM best practices, championing
Paid Search, and being a thought leader for Marketing team
- Stay up-to-date with new search trends and industry news and
share throughout the team
- Perform organic keyword research using SEMrush and Google
- Develop SEO blog topics and editorial calendars
- Write and publish SEO-friendly blogs
- Execute technical SEO like metadata optimization and
- Google Data Studio (Generate monthly SEO reports using Google
Analytics and Google Data Studio)
- Work collaboratively across departments
- Communicate with clients and external partners
- Support process improvement initiatives that improve internal
organization and client relationships
- Participate in professional development opportunities
SEM Specialist Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of Google Search, Shopping, Display, and
- At least 1 year of SEO experience
- Experience managing ad spend budgets > $1000/month
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, including event and
- Current Google Search, Display, Shopping, and Analytics
- Experience with WordPress, SEMrush, Google Trends, Google Tag
Manager, and Yoast/RankMath
- Experience with UTMs, lead scoring, and funnel optimization
- Basic understanding of landing page best practices
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Experience in communicating with clients and customer
- Ability to manage many different jobs and meet deadlines
- Experience working with multiple internal teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Agency experience preferred
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote Options Available
Our team is currently working remotely, with the option to work in
the office. The office is limited to a certain amount of people,
with social distancing guidelines in place.
NW Media Collective Inc ( https://www.nwmediacollective.com/ ) was
voted three years in a row as the best web design company in Clark
County. We do everything from websites, videos, marketing, SEO, and
digital all the way down to print and logo design. There are always
a lot of coals on the fire here, and we are a fast-growing downtown
NW Media Collective is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage,
value, and honor diversity.
Application Submission Instructions
Please submit your resume and cover letter as pdfs on Indeed or
email your application materials to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Each document should
highlight your Google Ads, SEO, and Analytics experience. In your
cover letter, please explain why you're interested in working for a
digital agency like Northwest Media Collective.
Concise, compelling, and error-free written communication is
important for this position. All candidate communications will be
evaluated during the hiring process.
Keywords: Northwest Media Collective, Inc, Vancouver , Search Engine Marketing Specialist, Advertising , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!