Reporting Analyst, Revenue Cycle *Telecommute*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Reporting Analyst, Revenue
Cycle to join our team to work remotely from any of the following
footprint states: AK, CA, MT, OR, TX and/or WA. The Reporting
Analyst provides core business intelligence that enables PH&S
Revenue Cycle to improve performance, reduce client costs and
increase the effectiveness of revenue collections. This
- Analyze and report on service delivery, performance metrics and
accounts receivables to help ensure PH&S Revenue Cycle meets or
exceeds its targets.
- Identify and escalate major business risks by establishing
"early warning" processes and proactively work with management to
identify root causes of problems.
- Creates and maintains standard reporting packages that are
distributed throughout the Revenue Cycle organization
- Forecast bad debt and charity to proactively notify hospital
and revenue cycle leadership of significant trends.
- Develop communications materials, including PowerPoint
presentations, to report out on key metrics and processes
- Present metrics, trends, and project updates to leadership at
in person and virtual meeting settings
- Communicate to key stakeholders the self-pay statement cycle
and system automations that progress self-pay AR to payment,
charity, or bad debt adjustments.
- Analyze and report on service delivery and performance metrics
in a proactive and timely manner, taking initiative to recommend
changes for improvement.
- Analyze and report on accounts receivables including trends,
cash results, aging, bad debt, charity, and payment success.
Recommend improvements to AR performance through in-depth analysis
and use of business acumen.
- Analyze and report on agent performance metrics, cash
collected, payment plans and promises to pay, making suggestions
for tactical or operational change to ensure targets are met.
- Design and prepare scheduled and ad-hoc reports for senior
level management to help monitor overall performance, and flag
issues on an "early warning" basis.
- Work with management in the Center to plan campaign strategies.
Provide analysis, production support and evaluation of the
effectiveness of campaigns and recommend improvements relating to
targets, timing, staffing etc.
- Identify and provide core business intelligence to management
surrounding performance, cost and effectiveness of the Center. This
includes review of systems, processes and procedures as
- Identify and resolve problems associated with the
interaction/integration/effect on interfaced systems, including
working with management, vendors, banks, government agencies etc.
to ensure business continuity and performance.
- Proactively communicate issues related to downtimes, procedural
and application problems.
- Facilitate resolution of problems that may require
multi-disciplinary technical and functional skills.
- Document all processes and procedures for the Reporting Analyst
role so there is a knowledge base available for another analyst to
support the primary role as needed.
- Some responsibility for department workforce reporting.
- The Reporting Analyst will cross-train on the essential
functions of the Workforce Analyst to ensure business needs are
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to foster an
environment of best practice.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient demographic, medical,
and financial information. Maintain confidentiality of all
Providence Health & Services Revenue Cycle and client information.
Ensure proper handling and disposal of confidential documents and
adherence to all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws,
regulations, and requirements as well as Providence Health &
Services policies and procedures in all aspects of job performance.
Required qualification for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree (or, equivalent education/experience)
- 3 years Minimum of three (3) years experience in analytics
- 2 years Experience with accounts receivables analysis, trending
- 2 years Experience with QA and data integrity testing
- Knowledge of the following Microsoft Applications: Excel, Word,
Outlook, Power Point.
- Proven strong skills in analysis, research and problem
- A track record in organizing and planning with demonstrated
ability to effectively manage time and achieve results in a fast
- Proven strong attention to detail with a focus on quality
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
communication skills with proven ability to negotiate business
- A history of proactively identifying and communicating issues
that impact on business outcomes
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment in
a positive and professional manner. Preferred qualifications for
this position includes:
- 2 years Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and
advanced knowledge of SQL
- ETL and data ingestion experience a plus
- Experience building data visualizations using Power BI, Tableau
or other data visualization tools
- Hands on experience with Epic or other healthcare EHR and
billing systems a plus Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely
designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing
professionally, and achieving financial security. We take care of
you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for
everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities. About
the department you will serve. One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name
adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout
Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems
and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all
regions from Alaska to California. ORC's objective is to ensure our
core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered
along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me,
care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of
services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of
comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle
expertise. We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see
our website for details
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. About the Team
Providence has been serving the Pacific Northwest since 1856 when
Mother Joseph and four other Sisters of Providence arrived in
Vancouver, Washington Territory. Today, Providence is the largest
health care provider in Washington located in communities large and
small across the state. In western Washington, Providence provides
care throughout the greater Puget Sound from Snohomish County to
Lewis County. Our award-winning and comprehensive medical centers
are known for outstanding programs in cancer, cardiology,
neurosciences, orthopedics, women's services, emergency and trauma
care, pediatrics and neonatal intensive care. Our not-for-profit
network also provides a full spectrum of care with leading-edge
diagnostics and treatment, outpatient health centers, physician
groups and clinics, numerous outreach programs, and hospice and
home care. We are committed to the principle that every workforce
member has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all
forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment. We are committed
to cultural diversity and equal employment for all individuals. It
is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, compensate, transfer,
train, retain, terminate, and make all other employment-related
decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including
religious dress and grooming practices), national origin (including
certain language use restrictions), ancestry, disability (mental
and physical including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (including
cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital
status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic
information, and military and veteran status or any other
applicable legally protected status. We will also provide
reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of
an otherwise qualified caregiver or applicant for employment,
unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the
operation of our business. We are a community where all people,
regardless of differences, are welcome, secure, and valued. We
value respect, appreciation, collaboration, diversity, and a shared
commitment to serving our communities. We expect that all workforce
members in our community will act in ways which reflect a
commitment to and accountability for, racial and social justice and
equality in the workplace. As such, we will maintain a workplace
free of discrimination and harassment based on any applicable
legally protected status. We also expect that all workforce members
will maintain a positive workplace free from any unacceptable
conduct which creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work
environment. Requsition ID: 104054 Company: Providence Jobs Job
Category: Strategy & Planning Job Function: Administration
Schedule: Full time Shift: Variable Career Track: Business
Professional Department: 4001 SS RC SP FIN ASST ADM Address: WA
Vancouver 315 SE Stonemill Dr Providence is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Vancouver , Reporting Analyst, Revenue Cycle *Telecommute*, Advertising , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!