Director of Marketing
Company: Premier Needle Arts
Posted on: November 23, 2022
A Premier Needle Arts CompanyVancouver, WA / Full Time, On-site
or HybridThe Challenge and The OpportunityAs the Connecting Threads
Director of Marketing, you will be ultimately responsible for the
P&L of the brand. Critical to your success will be the vision
to create brand- and product-driven marketing campaigns, and the
strategy to bring to market ongoing programs and projects.
Connecting Threads drives revenue through two primary DTC channels:
our website and nine print catalogs per year. Bringing experience
and expertise in product-based e-commerce and brand strategy to
this role, you will create a holistic marketing plan that builds
cohesiveness between these channels. You are a curious, creative
thinker who recognizes trends in the industry, and is always
looking for ways to improve systems and organizational culture.
Youll work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Purchasing,
Creative, Fulfillment, and Web teams to execute programs and
marketing initiatives. Youll work side-by-side with the Director of
Product Development and Merchandising and the Director of Digital
Marketing. This position manages direct reports.Within 1 month, you
- Understand our sales channels and how they work in tandem to
grow brand recognition and drive revenue.
- Learn how our teams work together to execute our development,
production, and product launches.
- Go below the surface to learn team members roles, and how they
work with and complement yours.
- Begin communicating and coordinating with cross-functional
- Start analyzing systems and workflows to understand pain
points, systems limitations, and to look for synergies and room for
- Dive deep into our customer personae, learning everything you
can about what they want, which social media and content channels
they frequent, and how they shop and purchase. Within 3 months, you
- Begin to actively contribute to marketing strategy.
- Understand our production and marketing cadence, our print
catalog cycles, and product launch processes. Use this foundation
to inform ongoing and long-term projects, workflow, and goal
- Begin implementing marketing process and production
improvements.Within 6 months, you will:
- Own brand performance and revenue results.
- Understand merchandising strategy, core customer, and use it to
independently prepare brand- and industry-informed marketing
- Understand merchandising strategy and core customer, using this
understanding to independently execute brand- and industry-informed
marketing plans. About UsFor thirty years Crafts Group has been
making crafts accessible to everyone through quality products and
engaging content. Today, Crafts Group is home to four thriving
e-commerce brands that serve quilters, knitters, crocheters, and
sewists. Our core mission (and passion) is to inspire and enable
people to create beautiful things. We give crafters the tools they
need to support their handmade lifestyle.We source the best quality
yarns, fabrics, threads, and other supplies so that crafters can do
what they do best: create. The close-knit teams for all four brands
are headquartered just across the river from Portland, OR. Located
ten minutes from the Portland Airport, our Vancouver office is a
supportive and creative environment in a newly renovated office. If
you value community, creativity, and all things handmade, this is
the place for you.Crafts Group is an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to building a company that represents the craft
communities we serve. We welcome employees of all backgrounds and
perspectives, and we are committed to providing an inclusive
working environment.You may choose to work on-site or in a hybrid
arrangement; all staff is scheduled to be in-office on Tuesdays and
WednesdaysRequirementsThe Skill Set
- Demonstratable results driving retail sales as a Director of
Marketing; must have experience working with retail goods,
e-commerce experience preferred.
- Record of using multi-media content strategy and marketing
email campaigns to drive sales.
- Experience informing and managing budgets; creating and
implementing long-term sales strategies and tracking KPIs to
measure trajectory and success.
- Proficiency in using web analytics, e.g., Google Analytics and
third-party social media platforms.
- Keeps current on e-commerce and social media marketing trends,
laws, and best practices.
- Service-oriented customer obsession; uses customer personae to
inform personalized marketing and communications.
- Experience using digital marketing to increase customer growth
- Mindful, constructive, and sensitive communication skills
inside and outside of the organization; Emotional-intelligence
- Ability to prioritize and flexibly pivot in an extremely
fast-paced production environment.
- Experience managing staff in a tiered reporting structure.
- Ability to critically analyze roles, systems, projects, to
create and manage cross-functional workflows.
- Values teamwork and interdisciplinary contributions; ability to
find and create consensus among cross-functional teams and
departments, including Merchandising, Digital Marketing,
Purchasing, Creative, Fulfillment, and Web teams.
- Emotional intelligence and human-first leadership skills,
dedication to continued growth and development.
- Exceptional delegation skills, but an understanding that Thats
not my job is antithetical to our culture. Youre not above or
afraid rolling up your sleeves to get the work done. BenefitsWe
offer a generous benefit package, including:
- Multiple medical and dental plan options after 30 days (with
company contributions to the premium costs).
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Vision and other voluntary life and income replacement
- Company-paid Life and Disability benefits.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match.
- Generous paid time off benefits.
- Hybrid or in office options.
- Employee discounts at all Premier Needle Arts companies!!
Keywords: Premier Needle Arts, Vancouver , Director of Marketing, Advertising , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!