Senior Residential Engineer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Based in Vancouver and reporting to the Project Principal, the
Senior Engineer will primarily focus on structural design and
analysis with a residential focus. This role may also include
aspects of project delivery management, production of structural
documents, and construction administration, managing project
financials, and interfacing with clients and consultants. The
Senior Engineer will ensure all work is carried out in full support
of our Vision, Mission, Values and One Company culture. What will
- Responsible for the designing and detailing of structural
elements including design and calculations, computer modelling, and
analysis with emphasis on residential projects.
- Works to assemble and coordinate engineering drawings and
contract documents in collaboration with our BIM technologists and
other members of the engineering team.
- Conduct field reviews and other contract administrative
- Drafts project-related correspondence as needed.
- Participates in client meetings facilitating solutions to
design issues and challenges and providing status updates.
- Conducts review of the architectural, electrical, mechanical,
and structural drawings.
- Effectively uses QA tools and completes checklists and submits
them to the project engineer as required.
- Mentors junior staff with design and delivery elements of a
project to ensure standards are upheld.
- Effectively use project management and financial tools to
ensure project financials stay on budget.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as Entuitive may assign
to you from time to time. What do you need to succeed?
- An engineering degree in civil and structural engineering,
coupled with 10 years of professional experience in the AEC
industry with a structural residential focus.
- Achieved professional engineering status.
- Knowledgeable in the appropriate building codes.
- Strong project management capability with a proven track record
of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to use programs such
as Bluebeam, Microsoft Word and Excel and structural analysis
software (SAP2000, RAM, etc.). As well as basic knowledge of
AutoCAD and Revit.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the
ability to work with people at all levels including project
stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and
deliverables on an ongoing basis. --About Entuitive
Entuitive is a consulting engineering practice with a vision of
bringing together engineering and intuition to enhance building
performance. Founded in 2011 and backed by decades of experience,
we're taking design performance to new heights through our
collaboration with clients in North America and internationally
including architects, developers, building owners and managers and
construction professionals. Our practice encompasses structural,
building envelope, restoration, and special projects consulting. We
earn our reputation by applying our ingenuity and use of
leading-edge technology, including BIM, in a wide variety of
sectors, including commercial, sports and recreation,
institutional, cultural, residential, retail, healthcare,
transportation and hospitality.-- Our core purpose is to realize
our potential for the fulfillment of our people, our clients, and
our communities. We strive to build a better world by being
creative, collaborative, and advanced. We are Entuitive.--
Entuitive is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and
accessible environment where all employees and clients feel valued,
respected, and supported.--
Keywords: Entuitive, Vancouver , Senior Residential Engineer, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!