Posted on: January 12, 2022
Why Choose Us?
Novolex - is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and
sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and
sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial
- Referral Bonas Program
- Full benefits within 30 day
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our
products, our operations and our people. Each is critically
important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars
form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to
sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our
How You'll Perform the Role
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager, this
position is responsible for supporting various maintenance
functions such as installing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing
production, process and facility manufacturing equipment onsite, as
well as performing modifications, repairs, and
preventative/predictive maintenance tasks on existing equipment.The
Maintenance Mechanic (MM) will work on various production systems
including plastic extrusion, converting, pelletizing and vacuum
resin handling. In addition to production equipment the MT will
also work on facility equipment such as slitters, rewinders,
sheeters, cutters, die cutters, drill presses, folder gluers, flexo
printers, embossers, chillers, air compressors, pumps, blowers, air
conditioners, etc. The MM will utilize a designated Computerized
Maintenance Management System to schedule work, track parts, record
hours worked and plan for future work. Essential to success is a
focus on safety in all the actions taken by the MT and of those
around them.Mechanical Aptitude:
- General knowledge required in mechanics (gears, bearings,
pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to
effectively troubleshoot high speed equipment problems in a timely
manner with minimal supervision.
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices
such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Ability to safely operate shop tools such as cutoff saws, drill
press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc
welders, acetylene torch and various other hand tools is
- Position requires basic electrical knowledge.
- Candidate shall be capable of using a digital multimeter to
detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown
fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and
- Must be able to troubleshoot simple circuits, three-phase power
systems, motor controls, AC/DC drives, PLC's and servo drive
- Must be able to perform installation of conduit runs,
disconnects, fuse boxes, relays, motor controls, motors and
- An Associate's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Technology is preferred but not required.
What We Need From You
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug
- Work overtime as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and sound work
ethics are essential.
- 2 or more years manufacturing experience in Maintenance
- Fork lift experience helpful, but not required.
- Must possess troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Ability to work up to 12 hours a day on assigned shift.
- May be required to complete training courses as determined by
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or
- Candidates must provide their own tools and tool box. A general
tool list can be provided.
What You'll Get From Us
BenefitsWith safety as our top priority and a commitment to
employee well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and
competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision
insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of
other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and
financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may
vary depending on where you work.Community EngagementAt Novolex,
giving back to the local communities that support us is important.
Our Focused Giving Program prioritizes support for organizations
whose missions promote sustainability initiatives or address food
and hunger needs. We also encourage facility level support of
activities in the communities where our employees live and
work.Training and DevelopmentWe offer constant opportunities for
advancement. From skills development to advanced education
programs, training and development programs and courses are
available through Novolex University. Programs include company and
industry training curricula, support for formal education through
the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System
that supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the
Job Reference: US00305
Keywords: Novolex, Vancouver , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!