Equipment Mechanic Offering $1,500 Bonus!
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Senior Level Maintenance
Mechanic to join the Transfer station team in Vancouver,
Washington. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus !
Hours for this position will be Monday Through Friday 2Pm to
10:30pm. Highly Competitive Rate of Pay! In addition we are
offering a $1,500 Stay On Bonus!
Primary Duties are Mostly working on and doing PM services on the
yellow iron. There is occasionally work that needs to be done on
the sort line, balers and compactor.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
on a variety of Heavy Equipment, sorter Line Repair, welding, and
Yellow Iron repair.
- Conducts safety checks and periodic inspections on vehicles and
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Operator
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Rate of Pay is $25.00/HR
- Mostly working on the sort line. Doing Preventative Maintenance
work, repairs and adjustments. There is occasionally work that
needs to be done on the yellow iron. But the main focus of that
shift is the sort line.
Tracking conveyor belts, Changing bearings, changing head and tail
pulleys, installing new belts, cutting out old slider bed pans and
fabricating and welding in new slider bed pans, daily greasing and
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in heavy equipment maintenance
- ASE Certifications or equivalent Welding qualified preferred,
- Safety Minded and motivated; ability to work independently or
- Knowledge of yellow iron/Heavy Equipment is required.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Own and provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical
- High School or GED is required.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Vancouver , Equipment Mechanic Offering $1,500 Bonus!, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!