Food Safety and Quality Assurance Technician
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company: US1174 Newport Meat Pacific NorthwestZip Code:97230Minimum
Years of Experience:3 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel
Percentage: 0Come join our Team! Be a part of a dynamic
organization by working for one of Sysco's specialty meat companies
where we provide custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood
and poultry, giving customers dependable quality, selection and
freshness. BENEFITS Monday - Friday schedules available Competitive
pay Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
Career growth opportunities - we promote from within! Paid vacation
and holidays Comprehensive healthcare benefits Generous retirement
benefits Employee discount programs Referral Bonus Tuition
Reimbursement Safety programs Service recognitions and employee
rewards Cross training opportunities More benefits, too many to
nameStandard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all Sysco
benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options,
retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit
https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits
information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply What are we doing to
keep our employees safe with regards to COVID-19?COVID-19
Precaution(s): Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Temperature screenings Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in placeJOB
SUMMARYMonitor Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA)
support/evaluation programs and inspection/audit procedures to
ensure compliance of products and processes to corporate and
regulatory requirements at a Sysco Specialty Meat and/or Seafood
- Monitoring of FSQA programs including HACCP Program, sanitation
standard operating procedures, pest control, good manufacturing
practices, approved supplier program, foreign material control,
plant sanitation, chemical control, product quality assurance, FSQA
Customer complaints, food defense and security
- Assist in Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies, and
- Assist in Implementation of Independent FSQA Audit Program -
- Assist when necessary for product evaluations, plant visits,
and supplier/customer communication to assist other staff members.
Assist as needed in any manner capable of during emergencies the
plant President or GM (general manager) determines are paramount to
- Frequently interacts with the following: SSMC/SSSC Personnel,
Operations, Sales, Transportation and Maintenance as well as Sysco
Operating Companies, and supplier/customer personnel at the line
- Formal job training in TQM principles, SPC, HACCP concepts,
CFIA/FDA regulations would be beneficial.
- Formal quality and sensory analysis training would be
- One to 3 years of meat and/or seafood industry (as appropriate)
experience at a federal CFIA/FDA meat and/or seafood processing
plant (as appropriate).
- Raw meat or seafood industry the only experience will be
accepted instead of combined experienceProfessional Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to write reports, basic business
correspondence, as well as to effectively present information and
respond to questions from managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
- Demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data and
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret basic technical
- Ability to use personal computer, lab equipment, food
preparation equipment and office communication
equipment.Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Valid driver's license.Physical Demands
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Plant audits and inspections may require lifting of products up
to 100 pounds and inspection requires working in a production
environment on a moving line, lifting cartons, and visual
- Corrected vision required for sensory analysis to identify
- Warehouse and plant audit also requires close and distance
vision to judge GMPs; peripheral vision and depth perception
mandatory for safety. Work Environment
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally works near mechanical parts and in high,
precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, extreme cold, and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and
operating in a refrigerated environment is common.
- Plant audits/inspections and working at remote in-transit
processing facilities and Sysco Operating Companies contain both
moderate/loud noise and exposure to fumes and mechanical
hazards.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits,
please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
Keywords: Sysco, Vancouver , Food Safety and Quality Assurance Technician, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!