Product Test Engineer
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Nautilus, we're engineers, accountants,
customer care agents and project managers. We're runners, weight
lifters, yoga lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. We are spouses,
single parents, pet parents, only children, middle children and
living our best single life. Every member of Team Nautilus brings a
unique background and skills to our company. We celebrate our
differences and share one thing in common. Every employee is on a
mission to empower healthier living through immersive, connected
fitness experiences. We're a dynamic team driving the future of
consumer fitness experiences through our well-known brands
(Bowflex®, JRNY®, and Schwinn® Fitness) and a passionate company
culture.We are dedicated to building a healthier world, one person
at a time. Want to see what we're up to? Look here!NEW GRADUATES
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! The Product Test Engineer plays a key role in
the new product introduction (NPI) process at Nautilus. This means
you are working on new technology, the latest fitness tools with a
passion for making them strong, reliable, and safe for our
customers. This role is responsible for all aspects of product
safety and reliability including early-stage risk assessments with
a focus on new design content, creation and execution of product
risk mitigation plans, safety and product compliance evaluations
and production validation of products. We are looking for an
engineer who loves technical challenges, eagerly solves problems
and is always looking to make our products better.What You'll
- Work extensively with cross functional groups to proactively
ensure product safety, reliability, and other quality requirements
- Perform product validation testing to ensure products meet
industry safety standards.
- Write technical reports to convey complex engineering
information across the organization.
- Assess test results to document component and product
reliability and communicate product risk to internal
- Design and commission test fixtures used to verify design
specifications and validate product functionality and reliability.
This includes mechanical and electrical design of automated test
fixtures, control system design including programming, and data
- Instrument products to collect user data to characterize user
loading and verify design analyses using strain gages, load cells,
accelerometers, and thermocouples, current and voltage transducers,
and other instrumentation.About you
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical,
Civil, etc.) or Physics with the ability to solve problems using
engineering fundamentals and eagerly accepts technical
- Solid understanding of the underlying physics in engineering,
including statics, dynamics, strength of materials, energy and
power, thermodynamics, and electrical circuits and
- General understanding of machine design and closed loop control
- Basic knowledge of statistical principles including
distributions, confidence intervals and standard error.
- Hands on experience with hand tools and a willingness to set
up, break down, and analyze test samples.
- Knowledge of CAD software (SolidWorks preferred) for machine
design and for analysis of fitness products.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all departments at Team
Nautilus including Marketing, Product Development, Quality,
- Software programming and app development knowledge is a plus.
We are Team Nautilus.We care deeply about our team members'
physical, financial, and mental health. We offer:
- Medical, dental, life & accident insurance, and disability
- 401(k) with 3.5% match
- Wellness program with paid vacation and 10 paid holidays
- Bonus opportunities and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Professional development and continuing education
- Fitness product discount program or "Scratch 'N Dent" sale
- State-of-the-art fitness center that employees, spouses and
partners can use for free
- Learn more about us here! Nautilus is deeply committed to
diversity in its workforce. In demonstration of our commitment to a
healthier lifestyle, we are proud to be a smoke-free campus.
Keywords: Nautilus, Vancouver , Product Test Engineer, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!