Company: Pedigo Products, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
PRODUCT ENGINEERDescription of Company: Pedigo Products, Inc.
has been an industry leader in the manufacturing of stainless-steel
medical devices for the healthcare market for over 70 years. Our
products are found throughout hospitals/surgery centers across the
United States and Europe. Our products are manufactured in the
United States and are designed to stringent FDA guidelines. Pedigo
is committed to the success of their business and to the personal
success of each and every one of their employees.About the
Position: Pedigo Products, Inc. has an immediate opening for a
Product Engineer to design custom products, and complete design
modifications and improvements to existing products for the Health
Care Industry. The candidate will support the company's vision for
increased business revenue of existing and customized
products.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete design modification or changes of existing products to
meet specific customer requirements. Typical products include a
full line of hydraulic hospital stretchers, overhead operating
tables, electro-hydraulic two-tier back tables, surgery case carts,
surgeon's stools, mayo stands, IV poles, linen hampers, and other
stainless-steel hospital equipment.
- Assist sales and marketing in finalizing customer's
- Logging, tracking, and follow-up of all new production jobs and
custom projects, submitted from Sales.
- Creation of BOM's, and participation in other inventory control
system entry and maintenance.
- Support the cost reduction activity of new and existing
- Testing / reporting of product modifications, design changes,
and custom products.
- Participate in design of hospital equipment for large
- Oversee and checking of draft documents for release to
- Assist Customer Service / Sales in pricing estimates.
- Be called upon for technical advice for internal and field
related problems.Position Requirements:The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering Technology
- The candidate must have 3-6 years experience in the design of
mechanical and/or electromechanical products.
- Require experience in the design of sheet metal and welded
- Design experience of polymer parts desired.
- Strong engineering analysis, good understanding of basic
mechanical engineering fundamentals, and problem-solving skills
- FEA methods and understanding a plus.
- The candidate needs to have a good understanding of 3D modeling
using Solid Edge Version SE-2022 or similar software.
- Good understanding of ANSI drafting standards, dimensioning,
and tolerancing a plus.
- Ability to understand material properties and select
appropriate materials for specific designs and applications.
- Good documentation management / organization skills a
- Must have initiative, be a self-starter, and be able to
function with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- The candidate will need to have hands-on experience with
communicating their designs with shop personnel and have the
ability to design parts & product around existing manufacturing
- Ability to assist manufacturing with initial build and assembly
of custom designs.
- Must have a "heart" for product design and have ability to
collaborate with fellow engineers, manufacturing personnel, and all
other disciplines of the company as a team player.Work
EnvironmentThis position offers excellent working conditions, a
competitive wage, 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental
insurance, paid holidays and vacation/sick leave, Section 125
Package (Cafeteria plan) and other benefits.Pedigo is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against employees or
job applicants on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin,
religion, age, marital or military status, sexual orientation,
disability or any other status protected under applicable local,
state or federal law.Send resume via e-mail to:
email@example.comCandidates are encouraged to review our website at
Keywords: Pedigo Products, Inc., Vancouver , Product Engineer, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!