Company: Pulse Electronics Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
GROUP SUMMARYResponsible for the design, support, implementation
of cost effective, efficient, responsive, and timely systems that
will achieve the appropriate level of product and production
quality, company provided service, and customer satisfaction. Also
supports day to day production.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION: BS in technical discipline or
equivalent experience in quality management.EXPERIENCE: One year
(1) in Quality required. Five (5) to ten (10) years of quality
and/or manufacturing management experience with ISO 9001
certifications or similar.KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of quality control,
quality assurance systems, and manufacturing operations.SKILLS:
Ability to interpret statistical data. Problem solving skills.
Management skills. Technical Skills. Employee development skills.
Good written and oral communication skills. Good mentoring skills.
Good interpersonal and team development skills. Requires a strong,
positive, driving, "can do" attitude and the ability to work with
team members in Americas, Europe and Asia.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPSINTERNAL: Internal relationships
to include senior business unit managers, plant quality staff,
production line staff and leadership, PM engineers, design
engineers, business unit sales and corporate senior
management.EXTERNAL: External relationships to include Customer
Representatives at all levels for matters related to product
quality and reliability, vendors, customer service and customer
satisfaction and/or general business issues.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally
crouch, stoop, or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is
- Full authority to prevent products from shipping if the quality
- Representing the company to customers in quality related
- Full authority in assessing readiness for a new product release
after the performance of environmental and reliability
- Advising customers on engineering solutions to solve their
- Drive in parallel the ISO9001 and TS16949
audits/standards/processes in multi-plant environment.
- Drive tight quality control (SQE and Factory staff) for
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES
- Manage/actively lead the sites Quality Department. This may
include a team of quality engineers, technicians, inspectors and
clerical employees, as assigned/necessary.
- Report to site leadership problems related to, product quality,
business issues, and the actions that have been put in place to
correct these problems. Resolve problems/issues quickly,
effectively, efficiently, responsively, and preventatively
- Develop the specific programs that will provide the appropriate
level of product quality and reliability, customer service and
- Investigate -> Acquire -> Implement capital and operating
equipment that will provide accurate measurements required for
assuring quality products and service.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, company operations, and
company departments when resolving quality related issues.
- Assure timely and responsive resolution of problems/issues
internally and externally.
- Present to customers the status of the company quality
systems/programs, corrective actions/processes, and directions
(strategic and tactical).
- Revise and update documentation forms such as engineering
drawings and BOMs in support of operations as needed.
- Represent the company at special quality - related
- Actively manage in the site's ISO/QS/IATF(TS) programs.
- Develop the guidelines and procedures that define the Quality
Assurance Department involvement in design review and new product
- Involvement in safety committee and activities.
- As necessary, initiate and coordinate site quality related
communications with sales, design engineering, production
operations and management.
- Approve/sign off on all qualification test programs and product
- Perform internal audits to assess sites conformance to systems
- Budget and control the Quality related department budget.
- Prepare and implement quality improvement plans, and set
quality performance metrics/targets that assess the effectiveness
of the Quality Systems.
- Control/Implement a quality system, that meets the needs of the
business unit's markets, with guidance from production operations,
design engineering, sales and management.
- Initiate ideas/methods to improve the Quality Systems,
timeliness, effectiveness, efficiency, and costs
- Drive the QMSR and follow/prepare the former and new operations
plan and lead all the quality meetings to help drive continuous
- Maintain internal and external auditing processes for quality
- Drive the document control to actively manage documentation
(maintain change control processes, publish the quality
certificates, train people on where to find what ---etc.).
- Support and oversee vendor quality management.
We understand that you will weigh the rewards and benefits a
company has to offer. This is why we are 100% committed to
providing our employees with a comprehensive package that stands as
one of the most competitive within the manufacturing and
engineering industries. - Competitive salaries - Your choice of PPO
or HMO Medical Plans - Dental, Vision, and Prescription plans -
Group life insurance - Long term disability coverage - Vacation and
sick leave - Holidays - 401(k) Savings Plan Matching - Flexible
Spending Accounts (FSA)
Keywords: Pulse Electronics Corporation, Vancouver , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!