Union Fleet Mechanic Offering $4,000 Bonus
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Waste Connections in Vancouver, Washington has an immediate
Opening for a Journeyman Mechanic to work on our fleet of Garbage
Trucks. Individuals with 3+ years experience working on heavy
diesel trucks or those that have completed a Diesel Technology
program are encouraged to apply. Must be able to provide your own
Hours will be Monday through Friday 10:30Pm to 7:00am with
occasional overtime. Must provide own personal tools.
Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus ! Hourly wage is
$29.81/HRE. We are also offering a $4,000 Stay On Bonus.
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and
repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders,
brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations,
parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives,
- Knowledge of Hydraulics repair is required
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
safety precautions. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred ,
or the ability to obtain one in the future.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
is a huge plus ! What we offer to you:
Keywords: Waste Connections, Vancouver , Union Fleet Mechanic Offering $4,000 Bonus, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!