Data Engineering Architect
Company: RIT Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Title: Data Engineering Architect
Location: Remote (Vancouver, WA)
Duration: Long Term
Visa: No H1B,CPT,OPT
The data engineering role is a team member that will help enhance
and maintain the Instant Ink Business Intelligence system. You will
drive work you're doing to completion with hands-on development
responsibilities, and partner with the Data Engineering leaders to
implement data engineering pipelines to build solution to help
provide trusted and reliable data to customers.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines
using Spark, Python, SQL and other tools and languages prevalent in
the Big Data/Lakehouse ecosystem.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and
integration activities required based on general
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for
compliance with architecture, security and quality guidelines and
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and
documentation for assigned portion of data system or component;
identifies defects and creates solutions for issues with code and
integration into data system architecture.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding
project progress and issue resolution.
- Works with the data engineering team for all phases of larger
and more-complex development projects and engages with external
users on business and technical requirements.
- Collaborates with peers, engineers, data scientists and project
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors,
Managers and Program Teams on a daily/weekly basis.
- What you bring :
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, Engineering or equivalent.
- 6+ years of relevant experience with detailed knowledge of data
warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/
ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud based DW such as Redshift,
- 3+ years' experience in Big Data Distributed ecosystems
(Hadoop, SPARK, Hive & Delta Lake)
- 3+ years experience in Workflow orchestration tools such as
- 3+ years' experience in Big Data Distributed systems such as
Databricks, AWS EMR, AWS Glue etc.
- Leverage monitoring tools/frameworks, like Splunk, Grafana,
- Experience with container management frameworks such as Docker,
Kubernetes, ECR etc.
- 3+ year's working with multiple Big Data file formats (Parquet,
Avro, Delta Lake)
- Experience working on CI/CD processes such as Jenkins, Codeway
etc. and source control tools such as GitHub, etc.
- Strong experience in coding languages like Python, Scala &
- Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in relational based systems and writing complex
- Fluent in complex, distributed and massively parallel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to
represent complex algorithms in software.
- Strong understanding of database technologies and management
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Database architecture testing methodology, including execution
of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Nice to Have
- Experience with transformation tools such as dbt.
- Have experience in building realtime streaming data
- Experience in pub/sub streaming technologies like Kafka,
Kinesis, Spark Streaming etc.
Keywords: RIT Solutions, Inc., Vancouver , Data Engineering Architect, Engineering , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!