Director - Planning and Design
Posted on: February 22, 2021
PeaceHealth seeks a Director - Planning & Design, in Vancouver,
- Inpatient and outpatient capital improvement projects
authorized by the hospital.
- Exercising significant influence in relevant program, project,
- Review and development of policies, coordination with
operations and facilities, review and monitoring of design changes
and assurance of design consistency and the highest standards of
- Coordinating and managing design user groups during the design
phase of major capital projects, in accordance with the
architectural design principals. JOB SUMMARY:
- Assists in establishing goals, milestones and budgets with the
System Vice President of Planning & Development.
- Establishes and manages the department budget within the
guidelines and parameters established by the budget office mutually
agreed to by the System Vice President of Planning &
- Prepares materials and participates as necessary with the Board
of Directors, Senior Leadership Team, and other high-level
- Works with the Facilities group in maintaining policies and
procedures throughout the life of projects.
- Utilizes best management practices in managing projects within
the capital plan in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with applicable laws and standards of good
practice governing the safety of hospital and outpatient
- Works to increase the overall effectiveness of the department
services and success.
- Develops, reviews, revises, and approves invoices for
architects, engineers and design vendors for assigned capital
project contracts, and reviews, refines and implements strategic
- Assists facilities and operations to develop a set of standards
for design excellence.
- Designs and develops a process to measure customer
- Some travel required between facilities as needed.--
Qualifications for the Director - Planning & Design: EDUCATION:
Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
or equivalent professional experience in the design and
construction of hospitals and medical clinics. EXPERIENCE:
- Seven years of architectural or construction experience with
large, multi-phase projects of increasing complexity within the
healthcare industry required.
- Five years related leadership experience required. OTHER
- Ability to budget, make financial projections and write
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both
within and outside the organization and gain their
- Ability to handle potentially sensitive situations by applying
consultative skills in working with internal and external
- Ability to plan, organize, motivate, mentor, direct and
evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work by making informed judgments and to
develop solutions for complex problems.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements
related to areas of functional responsibility.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization,
administration, fiscal and personnel management. Top reasons to
work with PeaceHealth:
- Inclusive, Mission-driven company culture.
- Providing whole person care to Alaska, Oregon and Washington
- Robust benefits package.
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential. For full
consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current
resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , Director - Planning and Design, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!