Posted on: April 1, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Applications for a Full Time,
Day position.-- JOB SUMMARY Provides oversight and management of
applications and systems for PeaceHealth enterprise wide. Leads
efforts to develop and maintain the applications portfolio, define
and maintain infrastructure, and ensure service level agreements
are in place and maintained in order to meet the needs of
PeaceHealth. Directs, controls and is accountable for enterprise
applications. Develops long and short-term business strategies,
operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design,
structure, development and planning issues within scope of
direction. This role is focused on continual improvement, standard
work, and high reliability. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides leadership, vision, and management to the Applications
teams. Communicates TSP strategic goals and initiatives for the
team and promotes team building and work to provide growth
opportunities for staff. Analyzes caregiver engagement data and
develops and implements plans to continually improve engagement
- Oversees and manages the application portfolio and roadmaps.
Leverages PeaceHealth' s existing investments and reduces costs and
non-enterprise systems. Works with TSP, Informatics and internal
customers to support PeaceHealth operations ensuring a meaningful
customer and patient experience.
- Leads the ongoing operations of the Applications Teams
providing quality and timely support to stakeholders concerning
hardware and software needs. Ensure the continual functioning of
mission critical systems and rapid restoration when they are
broken. Maintain security and privacy of the information systems
and administers the budget for assigned cost center.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management for staff
including supervision, performance management, and delegation of
work. Responsible for managing staff for assigned team
- Identifies emerging information technologies to be assimilated,
integrated, and introduced within the technology environment.
Assesses new technologies and the feasibility of system
enhancements to determine potential value for the health system.
Ensures that the organization remains current with application and
OS updates, and competitive with respect to IT applications and &
- Oversees the development, design, and implementation of new
applications and changes to existing computer systems and software
packages including decommissioning applications and archiving the
- Serves as a key contact with outside vendors to coordinate
upgrades, resolve ongoing issues and develop strategic
- Performs other duties as required or assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or
healthcare related field or equivalent knowledge and skills
obtained through a combination of education and professional
experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite
knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job is
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in information technology and
applications development required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Significant healthcare and Epic experience preferred. OTHER
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to continuously improve and create standard work.
- Ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice
and guidance in a non-judgmental fashion.
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the
ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in
business needs, processes and technologies.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand
key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff,
business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to
nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions
that lead to positive outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence
individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as
well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that
segregation and overlapping roles are identified and
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under
pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing
demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving
- Understanding of financial accounting and reporting practices
applicable to applications, costs and risks.
- Understanding of IT contracts and their likely cost and
organizational risk implications. For full consideration of your
skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in
accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , Director Applications, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!