Director of Coding
Posted on: April 6, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director of Coding for a Full Time, Day
position.-- This position will:
- Direct, control and be accountable for the PeaceHealth Hospital
System HIM Coding and Charge Capture, across the multi-facility,
integrated healthcare delivery system; striving for compliance and
promoting best practice.
- Establish and implement hospital coding and charge capture
infrastructure to meet current and future regulatory changes.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee implementation of system
coding and charge capture business objectives including
standardization, accuracy, and timely processing.
- Develop long and short-term business strategies, operational
plans and oversee implementation.
- Manage the design, structure, development, and planning issues
within scope of direction.
- Be responsible for quality, service, and regulatory compliance
for areas of responsibility. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Provides
leadership for operational effectiveness, personnel management,
fiscal accountability, and positive relations with other
departments. 2. Develops annual departmental objectives including
goals and strategies. Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems,
processes, and standards to achieve desired outcomes. 3. Directs
recruitment, training, development, and evaluation of staff.
Supports credentialed and supervisory staff in their continuing
education efforts. Provides continuing education for caregivers
through in-service programs, meetings, or other opportunities for
professional growth. 4. Develops, implements and monitors operating
and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and
operational targets. Educates caregivers about financial goals and
objectives in ways which encourage ownership and personal
accountability. Monitors spending: Routinely evaluates monthly
productivity levels against target staffing levels and makes
necessary operational adjustments to meet goals. 5. Ensures the
presence of an on-going quality, assessment, and compliance
program. Ensures that coding and clinical data collection are
completed accurately and timely.--Develops and oversee processes in
support of the organization's internal and external information
needs. Champions the continuous improvement process in the coding
and clinical data area. 6. Leads operational implementation of
network and system projects. Initiates, reviews, implements, and
maintains contracts with vendors for HIM Services, internal and
affiliates. 7. Ensures that information systems support current and
future needs of the Coding area. Works closely with information
technology in transition planning. Utilizes coding and abstracting
systems and ensures that appropriate systems are updated with the
annual code changes and any other associated changes or updates. 8.
Assures coding accuracy as supported by documentation. In
conjunction with Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) educates
leaders on appropriate queries based upon other clinical
documentation for accurate and reliable data collection and
reimbursement. Identifies and leads development of coding caregiver
education and provider education of coding and documentation, to
improve accuracy and completeness. 9. Develops and presents
business proposals, cost/benefit analysis, and contracts for the
region and system. QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in
Health Information Management, Health Records Administration, or
other related field; or a combination of education and professional
experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant HIM experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- 1-yr experience in 3M 360 CAC Inpatient & Outpatient
- Experience in project management.
- Proficient in ICD-10-CM and PCS and CPT coding systems and
certified in ICD-10.
- Experience with the electronic health record, health
information systems and healthcare applications.
- Experience with regulations and accreditation standards,
knowledge of specific state and federal requirements and standards
related to the management of health information.
- Expertise in healthcare compliance: knowledge of privacy and
security regulations, confidentiality, laws, access and release of
information practices.MS-DRG's, APC, official coding
guidelines/regulations, and CDI.
- Prior experience as an HIM Director in an acute care or
multi-hospital health system is preferred.
- Prior experience as a Coding Educator preferred.
- Strong experience with computerization and technology advance
in HIM with heavy emphasis on the computerized patient record
- RHIA - Registered Health Information Administration
certification or RHIT - Registered Health Information
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) preferred. For full
consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current
resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , Director of Coding, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!