Vice President, Operational Finance
Company: Banfield Pet Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Vice President, Operational Finance Job ID: BAN001UW Location:
18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington Job status: Full-time
regular Apply now Summary and Qualifications: Provide leadership,
direction, coaching and mentorship to a team of Regional Finance
Managers, assisting the COO, CMO and CFO by contributing expert
financial and analytical knowledge for the development and
implementation of business strategy that results in delivering the
financial targets for the practice. Focus on significant issues
critical to the organization's success, including developing key
business strategies, labor, inventory, performance management and
forecast design and development. Talent development is a critical
component of the role - Operational Finance is an important
experience/building block to a successful career in Veterinary
Services and Regional Finance Manager roles are feeders/need to be
used for development of our high-potential talent for the Finance
Talent Pipeline. Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within
self and team.
- Co-pilot to the COO and CMO in all aspects to deliver on our
strategy as a total Practice - ensuring there is required level of
transparency and granular visibility to actual performance, drawing
insights and proposing/leading actions to deliver our short-term
plan targets and longer-term strategic ambition.
- Lead the team of Finance managers to effectively diagnose
financial performance concerns/opportunities to identify root
cause, offering effective and holistic solutions. Analyze,
benchmark, guide and react, where applicable, to financial and
operational metrics to drive results.
- Proactively assess/challenge status quo and propose innovative
solutions to make our operations/how we measure performance
continues to be more connected and enables sharing best practices.
Focus on making our reporting simpler to understand and driving
right actions at all levels of the organization (Total
- Line-manage team of Regional Finance Managers, including
hiring, developing, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating
performance, as well as making salary and variable pay
- Work with Asset Protection on good governance efforts and loss
- Lead and implement operational reporting for the Practice -
what (metrics, KPIs), how (tools, frequency) and who (effective
team, data governance and access management).
- Lead Regional Forecasting as part of Integrated Business
Management process, in collaboration with FP&A team.
- Provide analysis of hospital openings, closures and
repurchases, interfacing with CTS management, sharing of best
practices across regions, and working closely with the Financial
Planning & Analysis team to develop forecasts and targets.
- Other job duties as assigned. Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require
more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering,
mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking
the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form and to solve problems involving several
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well
as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity
with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and
operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally
- Environment where pets are present. Experience, Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Finance is required.
- Master's degree--is preferred, or the equivalent combination of
education, training and experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 10 years of finance experience in retail, healthcare or
multi-unit consumer goods are required.
- Leadership of Operating performance delivery in a complex
multi-unit environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and develop effective
teams is required.
- Strategic/Operational Finance and business modelling in
healthcare is required. WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Banfield Pet Hospital-- strongly supports and
values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work
environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet
Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield
location. Apply now We're more than just a hospital. We're an
entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country
- and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters. Stay
connected and get the latest career opportunities.
Keywords: Banfield Pet Hospital, Vancouver , Vice President, Operational Finance, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!