Operations Manager - Ready-Mix, Oregon & Southern WA
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: January 16, 2022
AutoReqId: 13941BRLine Of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix
Concrete)Department: OperationsPrimary Location: Vancouver-WAPay
Class: Salaried ExemptJob Posting:Cadman Materials
Inc.https://www.lehighhanson.com/sites/cadmanThe Role and the
CompanyCadman is a division of Lehigh Hanson. Lehigh Hanson is
North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix
concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of
employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also
part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world's largest
building materials companies.The Operations Manager role is based
in Vancouver, WA, and reports directly to the Area Manager.What
you'll get to do
- Drive and promote a culture of safety, and a respectful and
inclusive work environment.
- Oversee and ensure safety, health, environmental and regulatory
compliance for multiple locations.
- Provide leadership and direction to the supervisors responsible
for ready-mix plants, ready-mix truck drivers and truck shop.
- Ensure the RMC batch plants are maintained and operating
effectively and efficiently.
- Organize systems and resources to ensure a robust and effective
preventative maintenance program.
- Collaborate with the management team in attracting and
- Responsible for required training, coaching, robust processes
and procedures to ensure customers receive products on time and in
- Collaborate with the management team to interview, select,
onboard, train, and engage high performing and reliable
- Responsible for setting performance objectives, providing
feedback, developing leaders, and managing employee issues.
- Maintain good relationships with external parties and with our
customers, including regular communication and job site visits as
- Work closely with the Dispatch, Quality Control, and Sales
departments as well as safety and environmental personnel.
- Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures
designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and
effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Collaborate with the team and drive the implementation of our
digitization and sustainability objectives.
- Ensure cost targets and operational performance KPIs are
- Responsible for analyzing and recommending capital improvement
- Evaluate performance of subordinates and provide coaching
enabling achievement of their full potential.
- Effectively lead team and supporting functions to accomplish
organizational objectives regarding safety, environment, profit,
productivity, efficiencies, production costs and quality.
- When required, be on-site and manage the site(s) activities and
employees.Essential Experience and Skills
- 5 or more years of ready-mix concrete operations management
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with a fact-based
and data driven decision making approach.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office skills,
- Experience managing via financial statements and operational
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain a culture of safety,
and lead health, safety, environmental and regulatory
- A track record of staff development skills and excellent
leadership skills.Preferred Experience and Skills
- Technical / college degree and / or equivalent years of
- Experience with Command Alkon, Business Objects, etc.What we
have to offer
- Competitive base salary
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributionsWork Environment
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment and at
construction sites with moving mechanical equipment, inclement
weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels and dusty
conditions. IND123\#LI-MG1Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity
Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Vancouver , Operations Manager - Ready-Mix, Oregon & Southern WA, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!