Company: NuWest Group
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Summary: Directs and coordinates activities concerned with the
production material by performing the following duties personally
or through subordinate supervisors.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and
quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and
obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and
delivery dates of products ordered.
- Review previous day production and load to ensure customers'
material has been completed or delivered to expected
- Schedule railcar deliveries to the Seattle facility to ensure
material is available for production. Also, stage and plan release
of railcars to reduce unnecessary charges
- Plan and coordinate large production orders with sales and
assist with writing orders to ensure proper flow of material and
staging machines for the most efficient use of space and machine
- Pre-planning loads with production planners and supervisors.
The focus is on all materials stocked. Coordinate production
schedules with the production planner.
- Directs and delegates production activities by managing
material and production flow.
- Establishes production priorities for products in keeping with
effective operations and cost factors.
- Analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and
operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with
product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures
designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product
- Coordinates production activities with procurement,
maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum
production and utilization of human resources, machines, and
- Consults with production planning relative to modification of
machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality
- Revises production schedules and priorities as a result of
equipment failure or operating problems.
- Mentored and monitored supervisors for AAAA standards.
- Investigate and assist HR with resolving or effect a settlement
of complaints or disciplinary issues.
- Create proposals for the acquisition of new equipment or
- Compiles, stores, retrieves and produces production
- Back up production planning position due to
absence.Competency:To perform the job successfully, an individual
should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Designs work flows and procedures.
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Communicates changes and progress.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to
building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group
commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to
- Delegates work assignments; Gives authority to work
independently; provides recognition for results.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and
process improvement; provides regular performance feedback;
develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; fosters
quality focus in others; continually works to improve supervisory
- Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work
with strategic goals.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences;
promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
- Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of
work when necessary to reach goals.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges
- Makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to
improve and promote quality.
Keywords: NuWest Group, Vancouver , Operations Manager, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!