Director, Procurement - Soft Goods
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever
and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here,
you'll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work
and problem solve with innovative team members by your side.
Together, you'll help our customers get the high-quality gear they
need to make the most of their adventures. We are -BUILT FOR THE
YETI is a rapidly growing designer, marketer, retailer, and
distributor of a variety of innovative, branded, premium products
to a wide-ranging customer base. Our brand promise is to ensure
each YETI product delivers exceptional performance and durability
in any environment, whether in the remote wilderness, at the beach,
or anywhere else life takes you. By consistently delivering
high-performing products, we have built a following of engaged
brand loyalists globally, ranging from serious outdoor enthusiasts
to individuals who simply value products of uncompromising quality
and design. Our relationship with customers continues to thrive and
deepen because of our innovative new product introductions,
expansion and enhancement of existing product families, and
multifaceted branding activities.
The Director, Procurement will be based in Vancouver, CA, and will
be responsible for strategically identifying and sourcing new
suppliers while managing the performance of existing suppliers for
the soft goods category. This will be a highly cross functional and
collaborative role, working closely with numerous teams including
but not limited to: Product Management, Operations, New Product
Development, Engineering, Quality, Planning, ESG (Environment,
Social, and Governance), and Program Management Teams. - -
- Lead strategic sourcing and management of a world-class supply
base based upon 3-year strategy plans and product roadmap
- Provide strategic direction and lead a team of procurement
- Develop and manage sourcing strategies to ensure geographical
balance and scale to support a high growth business.
- Serve as subject matter expert for competitive intelligence
research on new technologies, capabilities, and materials and
communicate out to the Product Development and Design
- Carry out extensive supplier due diligence via research,
on-site supplier evaluations, and overseeing rigorous YETI
cross-functional supplier qualification process.
- Lead the RFQ/RFP process and supplier negotiations for the soft
- Own should cost modeling and drive cost optimization through
improvement initiatives and supplier negotiations.
- Execute commercial agreements and manage supplier relationships
at the executive level.
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners to design
the supply chain for future scale.
- Define and implement supplier performance and development
strategies, evolving YETI's global supply base to support category
growth and manage risk.
- Design, implement, and maintain Supplier Scorecard metrics and
Quarterly Business Reviews for performance transparency.
- Collaborate with key internal teams to further embed
sustainable and responsible sourcing practices across the product
lifecycle with YETI suppliers.
- Support the advancement of YETI's programs focused on fair,
ethical, and sustainable supply chain management.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 12 years of relevant supply
chain experience with extensive sourcing & supplier development
experience; at least 4 years of experience leading teams
- Experience working with suppliers in the soft goods
- Must have current and existing supplier relationships that are
applicable to our categories
- Experience working within a global supply base is
- Strong cross-functional, project management
- Ability to manage multiple work streams in a dynamic global
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and negotiation
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: YETI, Vancouver , Director, Procurement - Soft Goods, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!