Senior Project Manager, Program and Alliance Management
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Senior Project Manager, Program and Alliance ManagementProgram
and Alliance Management - Vancouver, BCWhy Work for Us?Innovation.
Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Embrace Diversity. CareWe come
from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities, and
nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking,
swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and
much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and
women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team
members. Every employee belongs.We offer challenging career
opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that
recognizes and rewards performance.Company DescriptionZymeworks is
a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the
discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation
bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused
on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks' suite of complementary
therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development
engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely
engineer and develop highly-differentiated product
candidates.Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who
is looking to grow their career with our company.This position will
report to the Senior Director, Program and Alliance Management and
will be based in Vancouver, BC.As a condition of employment,
Zymeworks requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against
Covid-19 and provide verification of such.Key Responsibilities
- Works cross-functionally with team leads and management to
generate research project/program plans. Leads the planning
process, within established governance structure, monitors progress
and drives execution.
- Leads and facilitates the preparation of project/program
budgets and ensures appropriate review.
- Develops and maintains detailed timelines, identifies and
tracks key milestones, ensuring alignment of functional team
members, research leads, and overall program strategy.
- Analyzes critical path, evaluates potential means to accelerate
the pace or mitigate identified risks, and plans contingencies with
input from various functions.
- Creates communication plans, maintains open and proactive lines
of communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages contractors and vendors by preparing SOWs, evaluating
project schedules, monitoring and reporting on progress and
- Prepares project/program dashboards and progress reports,
identifying, anticipating, and resolving issues which threaten
timeline and/or budget.
- Facilitates collaboration by ensuring team members understand
project/program objectives, specifications, deliverables, timelines
- Serve as alliance manager for our partnered platform
collaborations and pre-clinical development-stage programs.
- Client-facing Project Manager for Research departments.
Responsible for management of departmental.Qualifications and
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences and a minimum of 8 years of
preclinical drug development related experience required. We will
consider an equivalent combination of education and
- PMP certification or equivalent training that expands knowledge
in this field preferred.Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work
effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional
teams and to establish and maintain effective working
- Ability to lead by example and to establish an environment
fostering effective and collaborative working relationships at all
levels of the organization.
- A track record of successfully coordinating complex,
multi-faceted research projects while demonstrating ownership and
accountability for the timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to refine project plan/timelines to meet critical
- Ability to manage resources (budget/personnel/time).
- Proven personnel management and mentorship skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, utilization of PM software
(SmartSheet or other Gantting software).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Embody and champion Zymeworks' values: Act with Integrity.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and
strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.How to
ApplyNOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our
relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept
resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member
of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is
not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are
unsolicited or are received without contract.Zymeworks is an Equal
Keywords: IowaLifeScience, Vancouver , Senior Project Manager, Program and Alliance Management, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!