SR Enterprise Risk Manager - Risk Assessments
Company: Umpqua Bank Corp
Posted on: November 22, 2022
CA Remote, Colorado Remote, Idaho Remote, NV Remote, Oregon
Remote, WA RemoteFull-time40
In this role, you will be a senior leader that will be responsible
for establishing the strategy, organizational structure, budget,
and oversight of the operational risk and control self-assessment,
control validation, and centralized issues management programs for
the company. You will be responsible for working directly with
Executive and Senior leaders across the company to establish a risk
liaison network (designated business and risk resources) that
supports the execution of the operational focused risk activities
across the company. You'll direct team that will manage risk
liaison relationships in support of completion of risk and control
self- assessments, including training, ongoing consultation, and
effective challenge. You will direct team that assists in
coordinating approach to risk assessments facilitated by Corporate
Risk. In addition, you will direct team that provides support for
other areas of Corporate Risk analysis of first line
self-identified issues and adequate action plan development. You
will oversee team that conducts review and analysis of
self-assessment outcomes, aggregated issues data, and directly
reports results to Corporate Risk and line of business leaders.
Furthermore, you will provide support for cross functional risk
management initiatives and projects that impact multiple risk
disciplines and/or business units. You will work with other Risk
Managers and first line control leadership in developing consistent
and coordinated risk management frameworks, systems, and
methodologies that support business line management in managing
risks within the corporate risk appetite. You will provide input
and influences the company's risk appetite framework and corporate
level policies that establish standards and accountabilities for
risk management as directed by the Board.
* Develop program and oversee facilitating completion of
process-based risk and control risk assessments across the
enterprise, including scheduling, tracking, communications, and
* Develop a control validation process, develop new initiative risk
assessments process, and support for first line risk appetite
adoption and application of continuous risk assessment utilizing an
integrated risk management system and methodology.
* Direct and oversee the consultation and effective challenge
efforts over root cause analysis of self-identified issues and
remediation efforts through a centralized issues management
* Provide risk analysis and associated reporting on risk assessment
results and aggregated issues to Executives, Senior Business, and
Corporate Risk leaders.
* Facilitate coordination across Corporate Risk on risk assessments
across the enterprise.
* Support development and implementation of integrated risk
management system that meets the Bank's risk management goals and
* Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to
your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
* Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures
regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank
Security, and other regulations that apply to your position
* May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach
coursework as subject matter expert.
* 1-10 Direct Resources Managed.
* Experience in developing and managing associated programs and
teams focused on enterprise, operations, financial, or compliance
risk management activities.
* Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple work efforts/people,
which may involve directing a multitude of business units/key
* Possess strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to present complex information in dynamic written form to
* Knowledge of enterprise, financial, and operational risk
management concepts, best practices, and regulatory guidance.
* Advanced skills in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, PowerBI, ACL, or
Cognos reporting. Experience with IRM or GRC systems helpful.
* Proven to ability to problem-solve complex issues and make
decisions with limited supervision.
* CERP, CRCM, FCM, CIA, or CPA, preferred.
* 4-7 years of experience managing teams and developing risk
management programs, required.
* 7-10 years of banking enterprise or operations, compliance, or
finance risk management experience, required.
* Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, or
other applicable discipline, required.
* Master's Degree in business administration (MBA), preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
* Occasional walking
* Lifting to 10 pounds
* Office Environment
No relocation is offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores
serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of
volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status
quo. Greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep
people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building
relationships, understanding our customers' needs, and connecting
to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our
mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever
and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Umpqua Bank Corp, Vancouver , SR Enterprise Risk Manager - Risk Assessments, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!