Community Manager - Town Center Courtyard
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City
Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change.
We serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at risk of
homelessness annually with affordable and supportive housing,
person-centered health care, addiction recovery, and employment
assistance. By providing health care, housing, and jobs, CCC is
ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their
The Community Manager's primary role is to ensure that the property
meets all ownership goals and objectives, to enforce Central City
Concern's policies and procedures, and to adhere to Fair Housing
and Landlord Tenant Laws at all times. A Community Manager is
responsible for the supervision of other property staff and vendors
to provide outstanding customer service to the residents, maintain
excellent curb appeal, provide well-timed and proactive property
maintenance, safeguard the good financial health and stability of
the property, confirm timely compliance with all government and
property program requirements, and complete all required paperwork
and reports on time
- Represent CCC positively and professionally at all times.
- Act as the company's primary coordinator to ensure that the
company's efforts fully meet and exceed property management
- Manage all property operations in compliance with all local,
state, and federal laws (Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant Laws, OSHA,
- Under the direction of the Portfolio Operations Manager, assist
in developing operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets
that reflect the owner's objectives for operating the property,
cash flow requirements, and leasing strategy.
- Analyze and report monthly financial statements, including
operating variances from budget, cash management, and strategies
for collection of receivables promptly.
- Administer budgets, review and analyze operations, and
recommend corrective actions needed to maximize efficiency, owner
and resident satisfaction, and profitability to the Portfolio
- Ensure that the property operates in compliance with the
affordable program requirements applicable to the property.
- Complete resident income certifications and recertification in
a timely and accurate manner to maintain compliance with program
funding and regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues
following lease obligations of tenants and CCC's policies on
- Follow confidentiality guidelines for all resident, property,
owner, and CCC information.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of other property staff.
Develop, hire, discharge, evaluate performance, coach, and
discipline staff with direction from Portfolio Operations Manager
and Corporate HR Department.
- Accurately record time worked; adhere to timekeeping
guidelines, including approving site staff time records daily.
- Administer leasing efforts, including reviewing tenant
billings, analyzing lease clauses, preparing vacancy reports,
enforcing tenant compliance, and performing landlord
- Identify leasing prospects and occasionally respond to routine
- Collect delinquent accounts according to legal guidelines and
communicate with the accounting department to ensure the accuracy
of rent roll and accounts receivable.
- Work with Portfolio Manager to identify, engage and supervise
- Facilitate regular meetings between Resident Services,
community partners, and building staff
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships
between departments and coworkers. Prepare and lead all site staff
meetings, including monthly safety meetings, and document meeting
minutes to submit to the corporate office.
- Constantly strive to improve the work process and results to
meet resident needs, ownership goals and objectives, and company
standards and expectations.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security
regulations applicable to the program and CCC policies and
agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. This
includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health
information or personal identifying information of any person
receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC
Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their
- Function as part of a team providing supportive housing and
report to various job sites as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to work as a team member and establish priorities;
display a non-judgmental attitude and willingness to learn new
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Portfolio Operations
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in property management with
knowledge of financial & project management concepts.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Working knowledge of landlord-tenant law.
- Preferably at least one year of LIHTC experience.
- Strong mathematical skills and a basic understanding of
property budgets and financial accounting
- Experience in community development and working in
multicultural organizations and communities is a significant
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health diagnosis and chemical
- Adhering to Central City Concern's drug-free workplace
encourages a safe, healthy, and productive work environment and
strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Ace of 1988.An
employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture,
distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. A
cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background
- Must generally be able to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat,
twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, operate mechanical
equipment, and climb stairs, with reasonable or no
- Must possess a current driver's license, pass a DMV background
check, and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in
Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass driver's
training and annual recertification training.
- Must adhere to agency non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to travel between properties frequently and quickly,
climb stairs, and walk through units multiple times a day.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 4.25% in your 1 st year, 6% in the 2 nd year, and 8% in your 3
- 11 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14,
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
Central City Concern is a second-chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for
employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Vancouver , Community Manager - Town Center Courtyard, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!