QMHP - Utilization Review and Management Specialist - $3,000 Signing Bonus!
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City
Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change.
Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at
risk of homelessness with affordable and supportive housing,
person-centered health care, addiction recovery and employment
assistance. By providing health care, housing and jobs, CCC is
ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their
CCC is seeking a Utilization Review and Management Specialist
(QMHP) to join our growing team!
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
The Utilization Review and Management Specialist is responsible for
leading CCC's utilization review and management activities in
Mental Behavioral Health Services. This role partners closely with
Health Services leadership, the Office of Integration and
Innovation, the Finance department, and other key functions to
ensure client-centered, trauma-informed, and compliant level of
care placement, transitions of care, and ongoing utilization review
Duties to Include:
- Design, implement, manage, and continuously improve a mental
behavioral health utilization review and management program,
- Perform routine admissions reviews to monitor appropriate
initial placement of clients;
- Identify opportunities for level of care placement
- Complete level of care placement reviews;and
- Collaborate with clinical care teams and clients to plan and
execute level of care placement changes within CCC and to external
- Provide training and consultation to admissions specialists to
ensure initial placement of clients at levels of care that adhere
to medical necessity criteria, regulatory requirements, and
- Provide training and consultation to clinical care teams to
support adherence to medical necessity criteria, regulatory
requirements, and insurance rules.
- Collaborate with clinical care teams, leadership, and medical
billing partners on issues related to level of care placement and
transitions of care.
- Partner with the Office of Integration and Innovation to
design, implement, and continuously improve mental behavioral
health care pathways.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners,
including providers and payers, related to mental behavioral health
services access, level of care placement, and transitions of
- Master's degree in a human services field and one year
experience in mental health. Experience with severe and persistent
mental illness (SPMI) preferred. Must meet State ISSR guidelines
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by
- Must have current CPR/BLS certification prior to start.
- Strongly preferred: experience working with an under-served
adult population experiencing mental illness, substance abuse,
- Must possess a current driver's license, pass a DMV background
check and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in
Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial
drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and
continued recertification training.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 4.25% in your 1 st year, 6% in the 2 nd year, and 8% in your 3
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for
employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Vancouver , QMHP - Utilization Review and Management Specialist - $3,000 Signing Bonus!, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!