Director of Growth
Company: Shared Hope International
Posted on: September 15, 2023
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the President, the Director of
Growth Strategies/Major Donor Relations serves as a key leadership
team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions
affecting SHI. In partnership with the President, this position is
responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive growth
plan for gaining financial support. The position includes oversight
of fundraising activities and the coordination and implementation
of related and supporting awareness activities. The successful
candidate will help forge new relationships to build SHI's
Financial position.This position will be responsible for increasing
the number of donors and revenue for SHI through the acquisition of
donors; new grants; and corporate and foundation support.S/he will
provide strategic planning, implementation and oversight of
strategic initiatives to secure major financial support for Shared
Hope International through building personal relationships with
major gift donors/prospects, corporations, and foundations.S/he
will stay current with industry techniques and processes for the
purpose of cultivating major donor prospects.It is expected that
the amount raised by SHI will increase in future years as the
Director of Growth Strategies/Major Donor Relations systematically
and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising
capacity. SHI operates on a team structure and the Director of
Growth Strategies/Major Donor Relations will play leadership and
supporting roles on several of these teams.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively work with the President, Board of Directors and senior
staff to develop and implement a comprehensive growth strategy that
includes all channels of potential expansion of financial
- Oversee the Growth Strategies Team.
- Carries a caseload of major donor and major donor prospects.
This includes significant travel, visits and other forms of
communications with individuals on caseload.
- Manage and trains others on Shared Hopes team to research,
craft cultivation strategies, and solicit major donors.
- Manages legacy giving program.
- Oversees Grant development.QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 7-10 years nonprofit and professional business
experience in an organization of similar size with demonstrated
success in a development function (managing and forging
relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Experience managing staff and teams.
- Extensive experience of fundraising strategies and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability
to influence and engage a wide range of individuals.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook. Adept in use of donor contact
management systems with preference given for knowledge of
Salesforce. Pardot and WordPress familiarity.
- Experience with and understanding of tax planning principles
and techniques that favor charitable giving along with financial
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively
impact both strategic and tactical Fundraising initiatives
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and meeting
deadlines. Willingness and ability to put in long hours, evenings,
and weekends as needed to accomplish organizational mission.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- A passionate concern for women and children in crisis and for
the eradication of sexual slaveryOur organizations culture is
important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a
set of character attributes, as listed below:
- A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and
have been told you have good customer service skills; you like
people and want to help.
- A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for
ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where
- Process-Orientated: Youre able to understand, work in, create,
and improve processes.
- A Collaborator: You are a team player and relationship builder
whose can-do attitude inspires others while working together to
solve problems to meet organizational needs.
- Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and
learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to
regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
- Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a
fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a
space where youre adding value to the organization and its
mission.ABOUT SHARED HOPE:Shared Hope International is dedicated to
bringing an end to sex trafficking through our three-pronged
approach prevent, restore, and bring justice.More information can
be found at www.sharedhope.org.TO APPLY:Qualified candidates should
email to email@example.com:1)Cover letter2)Resume3)A list of
three (3) professional references with contact information (name,
phone, and email address).Interviews of all qualified applicants
will be in-person at SHIs Vancouver, WA office. Shared Hope cannot
pay or reimburse travel costs for interviewees.The desired start
date will be determined based upon applicants availability.JOB
LOCATION:Onsite in Vancouver Washington Office, not available as a
remote position and no relocation benefits will be available.SALARY
AND BENFITS: Salary to be $95,000 to $115,000 based upon education
and experience with annual performance-based salary increases. SHIs
full-time employee benefits include 401K employer match up to 3% of
your salary, health insurance benefits with $100/month employee
contribution, ten paid holidays and a generous PTO policy.
Keywords: Shared Hope International, Vancouver , Director of Growth, Executive , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!