Data Management Manager
Company: Fisher Investments
Posted on: August 24, 2019
OverviewIt's an exciting time to be in our IT department; we're
investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our
business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to
build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global
growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous
innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's
diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that
foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
The Data Management Team Lead is responsible for managing a
highly-skilled team that drives data governance and data management
solutions and capabilities for the enterprise. This manager is
responsible for all aspects of the program, including but not
limited to, policy and standard development, communication plans,
data cataloging, issue collection and resolution, auditing, and
This person will create strong relationships with the members of
the Data Management Steering Committee and Council, Technology
leaders who are responsible for the applications that generate and
prepare the data, and Business leaders who consume and analyze the
data. This leader will be responsible for ensuring the data
management program aligns with the enterprise IT and business
strategy and integrates into technology and business practices to
ensure data handling and quality standards are met in all projects.
The candidate must have strong communication and leadership skills,
the ability to influence and collaborate with a wide range of
roles, and the passion to inspire their team to achieve.
- Audits and revises data management policies, standards, and
- Oversees the deployment of data management standards across the
- Establishes and manages an enterprise data taxonomy and
- Identifies, selects and implements tools and processes to
support data governance, metadata management, data discovery and
- Facilitates enterprise data management initiatives and
priorities, and monitors the adherence enterprise projects to data
- Identifies data trends, data quality issues and recommendations
- Recruits, trains, and coaches staff to maintain and grow their
- Provides program updates to senior leaders and peers
- Evangelizes and trains the business regarding the importance of
data governance and data management
- 5+ years' experience as Data Management Analyst, Data
Governance Analyst, Data Analytics Manager, or similar at a medium
to large company. At least 2+ years' experience managing a 5+
person data team.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and use data systematically.
Demonstrates ability to interpret and translate complex statistics
and numeric data.
- Demonstrates understanding of monitoring and controlling data,
including as it relates to Privacy. Demonstrates awareness of the
practices needed to collect, handle, and protect the organization's
data from compromise, corruption and loss.
- Demonstrates ability to leverage emerging digital tools to
enable business performance, identify future opportunities, and
maintain purview of organization's needs
- Maintains focus, and persistence, even under adversity, while
maintaining the confidence of key stakeholders
- Exceptional ability to liaise with individuals across a wide
variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
Why Fisher Investments?
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't
come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the
finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger
purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service
to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make
the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable
us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them
accordingly, offering exceptional benefits (upon conversion to
permanent hire) like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental
- 50% 401(k) match - up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO* (plus 9 paid holidays)
- Open and supportive team-based environment
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development
framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal
and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work
environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian
named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay
because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want
to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of
sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Fisher Investments, Vancouver , Data Management Manager, Executive , Camas, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!