Product Manager, Electrosurgical
Company: TE Connectivity
Posted on: August 24, 2019
TE Connectivity's Medical business unit is a global leader in
highly engineered solutions for the medical market. The Medical
business is a significant supplier to all tier 1 medical OEMs, with
a global direct sales force as well as a global manufacturing
footprint. With -$650 million revenue (in 2018), significant
presence in key high growth medical markets, and a broad technology
portfolio (connectors, cable assemblies, catheters, guidewires, and
medical tubing), the business is among the leaders in its market.
Job Overview The Product Manager, Electrosurgery, will be part of
the Interconnect product group. This position is responsible for
developing product line strategies to capture leadership market
share in energized handheld medical instruments used in
laparoscopic surgery, including market segmentation, developing key
customer relationships, revenue forecasting, creating a product
roadmap to drive growth and market share expansion, and identifying
new technologies necessary to maintain leadership. This role will
work hand and hand with Sales, Engineering and Operations, as well
as act as a trusted advisor to the executive team. This position
reports to the head of Product Management. Key Responsibilities
Market Identification (Where to Play)
- Identify high growth opportunities and market (TAM/PAM)
expansion opportunities in electrosurgery to leverage our
technology platforms to enable above market revenue growth
- Develop a broad and deep knowledge of the dynamics of the
laparoscopic electrosurgical market, including:
- Identification of key customers, Value chain analysis, Medical
market dynamics and Competitive landscape
- Develop market size and segmentation, including identification
of sub-segments to target
- Define/develop/own the process to continuously evaluate new
market opportunities in electrosurgery Business Plans (How to Win)
- Develop business plans to fully exploit new electrosurgical
opportunities. Articulate TE's "unfair" advantage that will enable
market leadership in target segments.
- Identify resources needed for success.
- Articulate a product vision/roadmap that supports long term
growth and market share dominance in target segments.
- Define "success metrics" in terms of revenue, margin and market
- Identify key customers, and work with the sales organization to
develop customer penetration plans.
- Develop training and collateral plans to support market
- Develop pricing and margin models.
- Working with engineering and key customers, develop
specifications for market entry products. Champion these products
through the development phase. Executing the plan to win
- Drive the on-time launch of new products.
- Manage the ongoing revenue forecasting process for these
products to accomplish revenue and margin targets.
- Drive the ongoing NPI pipeline to launch products to accomplish
the product line vision. Qualifications Success in the role
requires strong business acumen and strategic mindset, exceptional
communication and presentation skills, ability to work seamlessly
with leaders at multiple levels, and the skills and tenacity to
achieve results without formal authority. In addition, successful
candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a
leading institution is required. MBA from a top graduate program
- 5+ years of product management with a track record of record of
leading new market development programs
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Healthcare or medical device experience required;
electrosurgical device experience a plus.
- Solid financial acumen - able to identify and articulate the
value-creation drivers and advocate for the right bets and
trade-offs in managing a complex business portfolio
- Communication skills to effectively and constructively
challenge, influence and guide senior leaders and experts in the
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%) to locations worldwide to
work on growth and margin expansion initiatives with TE colleagues
and also to meet customers, and potential M&A targets as well
as to attend industry conferences, and in networking
- Must have fluency in English.
- Skilled at working and leading in a multi-cultural environment.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Vancouver , Product Manager, Electrosurgical, Executive , Wilsonville, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!