MD System Medical Director - Primary Care
Posted on: April 4, 2021
MD System Medical Director - Primary Care PeaceHealth is seeking
a MD System Medical Director - Primary Care for a Full Time, Day
position.-- JOB SUMMARY: This position will provide the strategy,
leadership and medical expertise for the planning, design,
implementation, and evaluation of Primary Care services across the
System. The position will develop and ensure standardization for
managing access, panel management, chronic disease management, and
other critical elements including, but not limited to, Medical Home
- Be an active leader in the Medical Groups Quality, Safety,
Regulatory and Growth initiatives related to Primary Care. The
individual is expected to be a visible and inspirational physician
leader and to engage PeaceHealth physicians and clinicians to align
with the PeaceHealth Medical Group Strategies and Vision.
- Supports achievement of operational, clinical, and financial
improvement goals of our Medical Group.--
- Participates in the Medical Group Mgmt. Leadership Team
decision-making and chartered initiatives.--
- Position has matrixed relationships and interacts with system
and regional executives and leaders, physicians, clinicians, and
staff to ensure the effective implementation of PeaceHealth Medical
Group (PHMG) System-wide Primary Care initiatives. This will
include but not be limited to the following departments/groups:
TSP, CELC, Clinician Coding and documentation, Marketing and
Communication, and Patient Experience.--
- Leads continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical
excellence, patient safety, patient and provider experience.
Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with
physicians, System leaders, department managers, staff and
customers that lead to measurable improvement in patient care
outcomes, efficiency, customer service, and provider and staff
- Provide leadership and expertise in Primary Care for PH
Clinically Integrated Network initiatives, including serving as the
Medical Director of the Direct Contracting Entity (DCE).
- Provides leadership and mentoring of PHMG Division Chiefs and
Section leads in Primary Care.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of
- A minimum of 5 years' experience practicing medicine.--
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in physician management.
- Licensure as a physician in the state of practice.
- Medical staff membership and appropriate clinical privileges at
a PeaceHealth medical center/clinic. OTHER SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal, negotiation, and written communication
skills, particularly with key stakeholder groups such as
physicians, other clinicians, and quality improvement staff.
- Leadership ability to execute transformational change
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization and develop
relationships with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Leads through vision, inspiration, common sense, and an
- Maintains strict confidentiality when dealing with sensitive
medical-legal, and professional subjects oriented toward solutions
through collaboration. For full consideration of your skills and
abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with
applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , MD System Medical Director - Primary Care, Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!