System Director Labor and Caregiver Relations
Posted on: April 4, 2021
System Director Labor and Caregiver Relations Job ID: 6098
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Other
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
Job DescriptionDescription PeaceHealth is seeking a System Director
Labor/Caregiver Relations for a Full Time, Day position.--JOB
Directs, controls and is accountable for Labor Relations at the
system level. Develops long and short-term business strategies and
oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development
and planning issues within scope of direction. Ensures quality,
service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Designs programs, processes and tools which align and support
organizational goals, objectives, mission and values in the area of
labor relations. Provides leadership and guidance in developing,
achieving and maintaining a positive and proactive labor-management
relationship. Oversees the negotiation, communication and
implementation of collective bargaining agreements. Provides
direction and input to local communities to ensure alignment with
PeaceHealth'' overall labor strategy. Acts as key point of contact
for leadership and Human Resources for all labor activities.
- In collaboration with department leadership, assists with both
informal and formal relationships with unions. Participates in meet
and confer to reach agreements on employee relation matters,
provide input and education to key stakeholders.
- Develops and delivers proactive plans and programs which
translate to positive outcomes for employee relations, engagement
- Develops strategic plans for new or open contracts, consult
with key stakeholders, i.e. operations leadership, legal, finance,
Human Resources Partner Organization (HRPO) and Centers of
Expertise (COE), to align goals, objectives and ensure system-wide
alignment for like type items where appropriate. In collaboration
with outside legal counsel and/or internal Labor Consultants,
manages contract negotiations, consistent with the strategic
- Provides on-going consultation, coaching and training for labor
relations programs, processes and activities in collaboration with
HRPO for delivery to leadership.
- Identifies areas of potential legal and compliance risk, works
with legal counsel and key stakeholders to develop a plan to
address the situation, including but not limited to education,
policy changes and direct intervention.
- Works with legal counsel, HRPO and key stakeholders to address
arbitrations and grievances. Applies consistent approach, make
recommendation to enhance programs, mitigate future impacts and/or
avoid repeated issues.
- Leads strategic response to organizational labor relations
concerns; works with key stakeholders to assure input, concerns and
grievances are facilitated consistent with PeaceHealth Mission and
Values. Provides risk reduction expertise and services related to
- Consults with leadership and ensure key stakeholders are
current on regulatory requirements and impacts to the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration
or related field required.--
- Master's degree required or a combination of education and
professional experience that provides the incumbent with the
requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the
- Juris Doctor degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with extensive labor
relations background including negotiating collective bargaining
agreements is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of
- Expert employee & labor relations including negotiation
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, federal and state laws with
a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and
- Ability to identify, utilize and interpret workforce-related
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
- Proficient in the use of HRIS Solutions preferred.-- See how
PeaceHealth is committed to--Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and
Cultural Humility .
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , System Director Labor and Caregiver Relations, Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!