Company: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOB TITLE: Dental Hygienist
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
Advantage Dental Oral Health Center and its family of affiliated
practices (Sarrell Dental & Eye, Community Dental Care) are working
to revolutionize oral health care for communities across the United
States. To do this, we take a unique, industry-leading approach to
care delivery by creating lasting healthy outcomes through positive
dental experiences. We call this all-in approach
Preventistry--.Advantage Dental and affiliate practices are bound
by a mission: To improve the oral health of all. Comprised of 80
practices, over 200 providers and more than 800 support employees
throughout six states, our network of practices provide care to
over a quarter of a million patients annually. Join our team to be
part of something greater, driving change that supports a more
effective oral health care system. Together we are creating
healthy, confident smiles across the Nation. JOB SUMMARY:
Under general supervision of a Dentist in a practice setting.
Dental Hygienist provides preventative and therapeutic oral care as
well as assesses the patient's risk of dental disease. Utilizes
established dental hygiene protocols and procedures. Follows and
supports the CARE model for patient experience.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the overall mission of DentaQuest Care Group.
- Assesses dental conditions and risk, uses patient screening
procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and
Perio charting; takes patient vital signs as required.
- Follow all state dental practice acts to deliver direct care to
patients as assigned and using established dental hygienist
procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, such as
cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants, fluorides and
varnishes, and related procedures.
- Perform periodontal maintenance and other periodontal
procedures as indicated.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for
patients; performs patient education and risk protocols, discharge
planning, and patient/family teaching under the direction of a
- Provides chair-side assistance to dentist in the performance of
special tests, procedures, and complex treatments.
- Makes impressions of patients' teeth as needed.
- Documents dental history of chief complaint; records and
reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental
team, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow
up on result.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden
adverse which may occur during treatment.
- Performs patient triage and initiates patient care as
appropriate for all patients.
- Assists in preparation of patient care areas, and in the
patient admission, transfer, and discharge process, as required;
prepares reports and assists as required with patient reception,
telephone calls, and other office duties.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for the upkeep of the dental operatory
and equipment; promptly notifying practice manager of any problems
which may affect their ability to deliver safe and timely dental
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of dental equipment
in assigned operatories and for the assigned equipment. Regularly
and thoroughly performs maintenance of assigned equipment
consistent with the upkeep of the other treatment rooms.
- Ensures use of downtime to include cleaning and stocking
operatories as well as helping the rest of clinical team as
- Attends and participates in team meetings and required training
- Manages the schedule in collaboration with the Practice
- All other duties as assigned.
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent
organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability
to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and
capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
- Maintains confidentiality discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to
achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in state of
- Current CPR certification.
- Knowledge of practice management software a plus.
- Ability to analyze medical records and prescribed protocol to
formulate effective therapeutic treatment plans.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, an institutional regulations and
guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient
- Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of
periodontal health, perform caries risk assessments, and help in
identifying conditions and pathology in dental patients.
- Ability to perform, a full range of established dental
hygienist protocol and procedures.
- Knowledge of patient screening, charting, and medical history
procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of dental procedures, terminology,
- Ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and
instrumentation in accordance with established regulations and
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and
- Knowledge of patient admission, triage, transfer and discharge
procedures and documentation.
- Adhering to the dental office infection control plan and
policies to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA, HIPAA standards.
- Ability to adhere to appropriate patient schedule
- Maintain Continuing Education (CE) as required by state.
- Pit and fissure sealant certificate preferred as required by
- Ability to travel using personal car to cover other practices
- Occasional overnight including business meetings.PHYSICAL
- Physical repetitive movements and the degree of mobility,
manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with
the practice of oral hygiene.
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such
as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity; requires handling average-weight
objects up to 15-20 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
4 hours per day. Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this
position. ** In accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance Plan,
employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable
laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and
report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ's
Compliance Officer. ** DentaQuest's Affirmative Action Program
affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the
known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified
individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless
the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation
of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional
information regarding this Program.
Keywords: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center, Vancouver , Dental Hygienist, Healthcare , Toledo, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!