Director of Nursing
Company: Evergreen Inn-Vancouver, WA
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The Evergreen Inn in Vancouver, WA is hiring! We are Agemark
Senior Living Communities and for the third consecutive year, we
are certified #12 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services
2021! We are looking for a Director of Nursing at The Evergreen Inn
which specializes in mental health and developmentally disabled
resident population. At Agemark, our 30+ years' experience has
given us the insight to focus on what matters for our Residents,
their Families and our Employees. Also, given that we are in the
healthcare industry, in order to protect both our team members and
senior population we service, COVID vaccination is a mandatory
condition of employment* and opportunities to receive the vaccine,
free of charge are available at Agemark. *Exceptions are made on a
case by case basis.Your next job as a Director of Nursing, you will
be overseeing quality, continuity and appropriateness of care by
providing direction to the wellness staff through communication
with residents, families and staff assuring individual care.
- Lead by example interacting with residents and staff. Walk the
building and be involved in care.
- Develop and oversee implementation of resident service plans to
comply with doctor orders and meet heath care needs.
- Communicate with residents, families, staff, physicians and
other health care providers regarding resident health issues and
- Review and update service plans according to state
- Perform and supervise the performance of individual nursing
services as required.
- Provide direction and monitoring to all wellness staff.
- Implement wellness program to maximize health through education
and preventative care.
- Assess prospective residents to determine care needs and
- Coordinate wellness service procedures to move in new
- Train and orientate as well as lead and coach staff concerning
wellness services function pertaining to mental heath and
developmentally disabled resident population as directed; provide
staff in-services as required.
- Identify at-risk residents and help create risk management
plan. Evaluate resident conditions for changes or systems.
- Facilitate alternative placement or supplemental care if
- Oversee medication setup and delivery system.
- Respond to resident emergency calls, review and document
emergency call responses.
- Ensure safe, secure storage of all medications, supplies and
- Assure accurate and timely documentation and submission of
services provided for resident billing.
- RN (preferred) or LPN.
- Valid license for State of Washington.
- 3 years working with the mental health population.
- 2 years people management experience.
- Knowledge of medication, dosage, terminology and medication
- Proven track record of integrity, verbal/written communication,
and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills such as ECP and Paycom.
- Encouragement of independence, healthy choices advocating for
safety and dignity.
- Ability to work additional hours which could include evenings
- Serve as a backup as driver to medical appointments as
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen which
included marijuana.We believe in taking care of our employees by
- Full Health, Dental, Vision benefits including paid life
- 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- PTO accrual on day one
- Annual profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement along with licensure and certification
- Free meals 1x a day during your shift
- Legal services to draft a Will, Power of Attorney or Living
- Membership with company discounts. 20%-70% off on movies,
shows, concerts, hotels, sporting events, wellness and
- Professional Development courses
- Referral bonusesAt Agemark, we believe people heal and grow
best when they feel like part of a loving family. It's the
foundation for our approach to senior care and it's also how we
choose, train and care for our staff. We're proud of the fact that
we've been providing senior living care since 1987. Experience
matters. Learning from it gives you perspective and wisdom. It's
the foundation on which we've built a better alternative for senior
care, one that emphasizes growth and whole-person wellness. Agemark
Senior Living Communities embraces FOUR core values:
Professionalism, Commitment, Integrity and Compassion. If you
believe in doing what feels right, advocate for our elderly
community, and want to be part of our Great Place to Work, we would
love to hear from you. The Silver Tsunami is coming, and we are in
the fastest growing industry. Apply with us at www.agemark.com & be
a part of our organization where it's our job to create a
purposeful life for our loved ones and be the change we all want to
see in our world. EOE.IND1
Keywords: Evergreen Inn-Vancouver, WA, Vancouver , Director of Nursing, Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!