EMT-B - Located in Vancouver, WA
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Located in Vancouver, WAMore Information about this Job: Our
mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at
the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.With more than
38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver
compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of
emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. JOB SUMMARY
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and
non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high
quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most
expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner
possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established
protocols and Company policies. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving
medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality
assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and
other Company policies.
- Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety
policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the
operation of emergency. response vehicles and maintains a driving
record in compliance with Risk & Safety policy requirements.
- Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the
assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
- Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is
in a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary;
ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board.
- Reports immediately to the Supervisor issues and any
discrepancies in vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that
could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call and notifies
Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of the
ambulance and equipment.
- Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked,
tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift .
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient
assessment and treatment and of patient statistical and billing
information and services rendered.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage
in quick, accurate and expedient manner.
- Communicates effectively with empathy and compassion to
interview patients, their family members, bystanders, other service
agency members and facility staff.
- Discerns deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to
patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with Dispatch, facility staff and other responders
via phone or radio as to status of patient. QUALIFICATIONS
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as
required by County to which assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination or valid exemption
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge
- Radio communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of medical supplies and equipment contained
in the vehicle
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Valid Drivers License
- Acceptable driving record WORKING CONDITIONS AND
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions: Available to work
days, nights, weekends and holidays, extended workdays. Long
periods inside the ambulance. May work indoors or outdoors with
exposure to weather. Possible routine exposure to moderate noise
levels. May periodically work in poorly lit environments in a
moving vehicle.Physical Demands: Moderate to extended amounts of
sitting, standing, and walking. Some repetitive motion activities.
Routinely lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance. Pushing,
pulling, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting,
carrying, typing and stair climbing. Visual identification of
color-coded items. Clear speech and hearing. Must be able to wear a
face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when
required.Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the
ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
problems. Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS Employee must consistently exhibit our
guiding principles:--- Patient Care - We continually earn the
privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of
everything we do.--- One Team - We respect each other and achieve
together what no individual can alone.--- Innovation - We are
driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.--- Vigilance -
We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in
the fulfillment of our duties.--- Ownership - We are accountable
for what we do and take pride in how we do it.--- Citizenship - We
are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
REPORTING STRUCTURE This position reports to the Operations
Supervisor EEO STATEMENT Global Medical Response and its family of
companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and
Disabled NOTE REGARDING COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and
joining the GMR family, new hires will be required to submit a
COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated
. EEO Statement: Global Medical Response and its family of
companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes
supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for
individuals with a disability.
Keywords: AMR, Vancouver , EMT-B - Located in Vancouver, WA, Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!