Registered Nurse RN - ICU, FT, Nights
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Take your career to the next level as a Registered Nurse (RN) in
the ICU at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, where you'll
provide direct patient care in compliance with professional
practice and unit standards.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for Experienced RNs, plus Relocation
You choose to work in healthcare because you wanted a career with
meaning. At PeaceHealth, we offer you the chance to learn and grow
in a Mission-driven environment, while providing our patients with
the highest level of care.
This is a 36 hour/week, night shift position; three -12 hour shifts
from 1830-0700. Hourly compensation starts at $42.59 or more,
depending on RN experience.
About PHSW ICU:
* 24-bed Intermediate Intensive Care Unit and 24 bed Cardiac
* Level II Trauma center and Primary Stroke Center serving all of
Southwest Washington - one of only three trauma centers in the
* 85,000 annual visits
* Outstanding team environment: collaborative approach among our
multidisciplinary teams including RN's, RT's, Inpatient Therapies,
Chaplains, Providers and Leadership.
* Incentives for education and professional growth through yearly
education compensation, financial assistance for qualifying
degrees, and additional compensation for advanced degrees and
* 12-hour shifts with flexible scheduling
* Didactic education courses specific to Critical Care
* Potential for extra hours and incentives
* Highly engaged leadership team as part of the Critical Care
* Strong team-oriented unit with emphasis on staff and patient
* Unit-Based Council that allows your opinions and ideas to be put
* Opportunities and incentives for higher education
What you bring:
* Current Washington RN licensure required by date of hire.
* American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required
by date of hire.
* Minimum 1 year of recent & continuous critical care experience or
3 years in an acute care setting with 400 hours in a critical care
unit within the previous year.
* Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a
2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the
final dose prior to start date.
What we offer:
* Starting wage of $42.59 an hour (more depending on RN
* Great shift differentials (up to $6.25/hr for night shift).
* Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and advanced certifications.
* Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
* Tuition Assistance.
* PTO with no waiting period.
* Professional practice support.
* Collaborative team environment.
Moving to the area? Why you'll love Vancouver:
* Relocation assistance.
* Vancouver is a lively, independent city with over 160,000
residents, located just across the Columbia River from Portland,
* Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean,
Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending recreational
activities of the Pacific Northwest. We are home to some of the
world's best mountain biking and wind-surfing locales.
* Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80
miles to the Pacific Ocean, and 160 miles to Seattle.
* A thriving arts, theater, and music scene and our 26 colleges and
universities attract renowned authors, performers, and
* Stellar school districts.
* No Washington State income tax.
About PeaceHealth: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a
not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities
in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately
16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with
more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban
and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the
Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth.
Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and
continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and
social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please
contact Erica Carr at [email protected].
Physical/Cognitive Requirements: Work requires active physical
exertion up to 33% of the time; ability to lift objects weighing 80
lbs. or less; work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat,
poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated
exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; and
duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention
to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , Registered Nurse RN - ICU, FT, Nights, Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!