Social Worker Home Health- Per Diem Hourly
Company: CenterWell Home Health
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The -Medical Social Worker -participates in the
interdisciplinary care provided to home health patients. The
Medical Social Worker functions to evaluate and develop a plan of
care personalized to fit the patient's emotional and social needs.
The Medical Social Worker provides direction and supervision of the
Social Worker Assistant as required and when involved in the
patient's plan of care. The Medical Social Worker works within
Kindred's company-specific policy and procedures, applicable
healthcare standards, governmental laws, and regulations. -
- Assesses the patient's social and emotional state as it relates
to his or her illness or injury, needs for care and his or her
response to such treatment, and adjustments to care.
- Assesses any relationships of the patient's medical and nursing
needs in the home setting, financial resources, and available
- Provides any appropriate action to obtain available community
resources to assist in resolving issues that may be impeding the
- Instructs patients and families in treating and coping with
social and emotional response connected with Provides ongoing
assessment of patient and family needs and responses to
- Assists the physician and other health team members in
understanding the significant social and emotional factors related
to the patient's health Participates in the development and
periodic re-evaluation of the physician's Plan of Care for the
- Observes, records, and reports changes in patients' condition
and response to treatment to the Clinical Manager and the
Participates in the discharge planning process
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary care team in
care coordination activities and acts as a resource to other health
team members in the identification and resolution of patient
- Supervises instructs and evaluates the performance of the
Social Work Assistant (BSW) to assure that all medical social
services are provided to patients in compliance with Company,
government, and professional standards
- Maintains and submits documentation as required by the company
and/ or facility including any case conferences, patient/physician
community contacts, visit reports progress notes, and confers with
other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient.
- Masters or doctoral degree from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Social Worker licensure in the state of practice; if required
by state law or regulation.
- Current drivers Must have reliable transportation and
- Proof of current CPR certification
- Minimum of one year of experience as a social worker in a
health care setting, home health, and/or hospice.
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist with discharge planning
needs, and to obtain community resources (housing, shelter,
funeral/memorial service arrangements, legal, information and
referral, state/federal financial and medication programs, and
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration.
- Ability to organize tasks, develop action plans, set
priorities, and function under stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and travel locally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their
family members and at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory
continuing education requirements.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination Job
Requirements:Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell--- Home Health, is one of
the nation's leading providers of home care, with an incredible
team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality,
specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same
neighborhoods they serve - providing the much-needed care to people
in their community. As a company, we strive to lead by example and
show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show
patients. We provide employees the resources, stability and job
flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal
and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits,
competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional
growth, and a healthy work/life balance. - Part of Humana's Home
Solution business Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell Home
Health, cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350
locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create
experiences that put patients at the center, working in
collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary
care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is
easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead
healthier, happier lives. - Caring for people who care for our
patients Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing
employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more
compassionate, committed home health professionals. That's why
CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee
experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are
committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every
day. - World-class employee benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training Join Our
Team! Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of
our Home Health team - To learn more, please contact your local
recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME -or apply online. - Our
Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career
with Kindred at Home. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national
Keywords: CenterWell Home Health, Vancouver , Social Worker Home Health- Per Diem Hourly, Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!