Physician Assistant needed PRN (Physician Assistant )
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Vancouver, Washington.
We are currently seeking a PRN (as needed) Physician Assistant at
the Clark County Jail in Vancouver, WA. Our Physician Assistant
provide a full range of medical services for inmates. Works under
the supervision of the Site Medical Director and other site
Physicians and in accordance with established policy and procedure
as well as within the state guidelines. Provides required
documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee
in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the
Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage.
Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if
unavailable for an extended period of time. Qualifications
Education for Physician Assistant:
- Bachelor's degree from an AMA / AAPA approved Physician
Assistant Program Experience for Physician Assistant:
- Prior medical/surgical and/or emergency/trauma experience and
corrections experience is preferred
- Must have the patience and tact to deal with the inmate
population and ability to work effectively in the corrections
- Scheduling flexibility is also required to be able to rotate
hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency
situations to provide coverage Licenses/Certifications for
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant within the
- Current CPR Certification Responsibilities
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Conducts on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as
established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator
- Conducts infirmary rounds as established by Site Medical
Director, Health Services Administrator or designee and records
encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem
oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before using non-formulary procedure.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard
- Perform other duties as assigned CCS is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Vancouver , Physician Assistant needed PRN (Physician Assistant ), Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!