Radiology Technologist (Full time, Evening Shift)
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: September 18, 2022
* We are currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus! Relocation
Assistance is Available*
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington is
seeking a Radiology Technologist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Evening
position. Hourly compensation starts at $31.28, more depending on
Shift Information: Wed-Sat, 11:30 am-10 pm
Prepares for and performs standard x-ray examinations and may
perform fluoroscopic procedures. Performs portable examinations and
may perform surgical x-ray procedures. Utilizes proper positioning
and selection of appropriate technical factors using various
radiographic equipment to obtain optimal results.
Details about the position:
* Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of
requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements
* Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical
duties as required.
* Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient
history and medical records to optimize exam.
* Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information
through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering
physician as necessary.
* Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after
examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as
* Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient
care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve
* Performs x-ray examinations applying appropriate infection
control and radiation safety measures.
* Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety
for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy
prior to exam as indicated.
* May perform surgical x-ray examinations, will utilize appropriate
radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
* Performs other patient care activities, duties and
responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers' scope of
practice, training, experience and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
* Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology
* Minimum of one year of experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific
principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each
* Demonstrated venipuncture competency
* PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
* ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
* ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologist is required.
* Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
* Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a
2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the
final dose prior to start date.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display
flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
* Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones,
copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
* Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the
* Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
* Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood
and body fluids.
* Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention
to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Vancouver , Radiology Technologist (Full time, Evening Shift), Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!