Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Primary Care Longview
Location: Castle Rock
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: Provide high quality health care to Kaiser
Permanente members in a cost-effective manner and in accordance
with accepted professional practice standards.Essential
- Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment,
diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for
patients with common acute chronic illnesses and injuries (may
include performing histories and physicals; ordering, interpreting,
and following up on diagnostic studies; ordering medications;
assisting with surgery; performing minor surgery; rounding on
patients; and assuming on-call responsibilities). Perform health
maintenance services, including patient education, for well
members. Refer patients for specialty consultation or difficult
problems. Document in writing all care in patients permanent
medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards.
Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice
standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a
physician), and state licensing guidelines.
- Coordinate, develop or organize patient or department services
or programs. Examples include, but are not limited to: Assist in
developing department/hospital protocols. Screen incoming
department referrals. Coordinate CME activities for department.
Develop written patient education materials. Provide in-service
training Proctor NP/PA students. Chair or participate on committees
such as Breastfeeding Task Force, Regional Controlled Substance
Abuse Committee, etc. Perform other duties as requested. Basic
Qualifications: Experience Education
- Graduate of ANA-approved NP or AMA-approved PA or Child Health
Associate training program (both provide masters or equivalent
degrees) or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Nurse Practitioner License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire AND
Nurse Practitioner National Certificate AND Registered Nurse
License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire AND Advanced Registered
Nurse Practitioner License (Washington) within 6 months of hire AND
Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire - - -
- - OR
- Physician Assistant License (Washington) within 6 months of
hire AND Physician Assistant National Certificate AND Physician
Assistant License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Drug Enforcement Administration Registration Additional
- Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in
specialty field; familiarity with less common diseases.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board
regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common
medical diseases and injuries.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see
large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and
- Minor surgery or surgical assist skills.
- Demonstrate customer-focused service skills. Preferred
- Two (2) years clinical experience.Job Schedule: Job Category:
Keywords: Kaiser, Vancouver , Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Primary Care Longview, Healthcare , Castle Rock, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!