Registered Nurse - Urgent Care (On-Call Clackamas)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: The RN participates as a member of the health care
team in delivering quality health care to patients, which supports
Kaiser Permanentes mission, vision and values. The RN provides a
variety of nursing services in person and/or by phone utilizing the
nursing process and leadership skills to address acute and chronic
needs of Health Plan members and other patients of the Kaiser
Permanente Health Care Program. They work under the general
direction of the designated supervisor.Essential
- Professional Competencies: Demonstrates personal commitment to
service and to socially relevant practice. Demonstrates behaviors
that illustrate commitment to KP Promise (quality you can trust,
caring with a personal touch, convenient and easy and affordable).
Adheres to Quality of Service Standards and Behavioral
- Professional Competencies: Demonstrates ethical and legal
behavior in all professional activities. Acts as an advocate for
individuals, groups and communities. Demonstrates accountability
for own ethical behavior and for delegated actions. Demonstrates
responsible and accountable behavior concerning own work schedule.
Understands and supports Kaiser Permanente policies, legal
considerations and professional ethics. Adheres to Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and confidentiality
- Professional Competencies: Utilizes a critical thinking
approach to problem solve and make decisions. Applies analytical
reasoning, reflection and rational problem-solving skills, using
verifiable information, and clinical judgment, in order to choose
among alternative solutions to clinical problems. Fosters and uses
innovative thinking to create alternative solutions. Demonstrates
the ability to analyze, synthesize and utilize data to provide
optimal nursing care.
- Professional Competencies: Understands and provides competent
care to a diverse population. Uses knowledge of cultural
differences to provide nursing care that is sensitive to and
consistent with cultural values, beliefs, and customs. Provides
culturally sensitive teaching materials to individuals, families
- Professional Competencies: Practices health care team building
and leadership skills. Applies leadership skills to facilitate
effective team functioning and operations of the module or
department. Role models and facilitates change within the health
care team to respond to health care and organizational needs.
Directs, delegates and monitors quality of care delivered by the
health care team and brings deviations to the attention of staff
involved and Team Leader. Mentors new staff and assists with
orientation and staff development needs. Collaborates with Team
Leader and Manager in setting quality standards for nursing care
and in the development of policies and procedures. Provides input
to Team Leader and Manager about the job performance of other RNs,
LPNs and unlicensed personnel in the health care team. Demonstrates
commitment to customer service.
- Professional Competencies: Participates in population-based
care activities. Participates in out reach and in reach activities
to meet clinical targets. Effectively identifies needs and provides
prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for
panel population, individual patient and family. Assists
individuals and groups to learn self-management skills that promote
and protect health. Develops teaching plans for individuals and
groups related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Professional Competencies: Demonstrates technological literacy
in using computerized information systems. Accesses, evaluates and
uses data and information from a wide range of resources.
Demonstrates effective use of computer-based information and
practice management systems for decision support, provision of
care, continuous quality improvement and professional development.
Provides input to the development of information systems that
impact the provision of patient care. Facilitates the members use
of health care technologies.
- Professional Competencies: Participates in ongoing continuing
education activities and shares knowledge with other health care
team members. Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning that
advances professional nursing practice. Demonstrates ability to
identify own learning needs. Actively works to address personal and
professional growth needs. Serves as resource and role model for
other members of the health care team.
- Clinical Competencies: Provides evidence-based, clinically
competent nursing care in a culturally sensitive manner. Plans,
implements, manages, coordinates and evaluates a plan of care
across the care continuum. Facilitates member wellness and function
and identifies needs for health care interventions. Utilizes
appropriate assessment tools, processes, clinical pathways and
guidelines to manage patient care. Integrates theory and
research-based knowledge in the provision of direct and indirect
nursing care. Performs and modifies therapeutic and preventive
nursing measures and administers treatments and medications as
authorized by law and determined by the State Board of Nursing.
Performs skilled nursing tasks competently and demonstrates
operational knowledge of procedures and equipment. Performs triage
and telephone advice independently and within scope of the Oregon
and/or Washington Nurse Practice Acts. Maintains a safe and
therapeutic environment for staff, patients and family members.
Participates in the research process. Documents the nursing care
provided which demonstrates the application of the nursing process
and complies with departmental and/or organizational
- Clinical Competencies: Applies effective oral and written
communication skills in interacting with patients, families and
members of the health care team. This includes effective
negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Organizational Competencies: Recognizes the impact of systems
on health care delivery. Facilitates coordination of care across
all settings with particular attention to transitional needs.
Functions within interdisciplinary teams in a manner that promotes
coordination, mutual respect and timely response to the patients
health care needs.
- Organizational Competencies: Acts as an advocate for
individuals and groups with unmet health needs.
- Organizational Competencies: Applies the knowledge and tools of
continuous improvement in clinical practice and the delivery of
health care.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of RN experience within the last five (5)
years OR successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente NW
Ambulatory RN New Grad/transition to practice programEducation
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition and
Stabilization within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support required at hireAdditional Requirements:
- Primary Care Assignments: Must obtain and maintain PEARS
certification within 6 months of hire/transfer unless excluded per
- PEARS or PALS required within 6 months of hire/transfer for RNs
in Dept 2490 and RNs in Dept 2018 that perform propranolol
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
- Able to type 20 words per minute.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic
- Customer focused.Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience with population care/case management,
triage and advice.
- Current or future bachelors degree in nursing or related
field.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Vancouver , Registered Nurse - Urgent Care (On-Call Clackamas), Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!