RN Case Manage (part-time)
Posted on: January 16, 2023
DescriptionAt Peacehealth, it's our vision that every person
receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. As a RN
Case Manager at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, WA, youll be
part of a collaborative team working together to ensure our
patients have the support and care they need from diagnosis to
discharge.If your an experienced RN with an interest in care
management, consider this .7 FTE RN Case Manager position working
8-hour Day shifts, 56 hours every two weeks.We offer you:
- Hourly compensation is $45.30 - $71.12; hiring rate dependent
on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of
Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and specialty nursing
- An excellent benefits package including 3 medical plan options,
dental, vision, excellent retirement plan with employer base and
matching contributions, great Paid Time Off accrual rates, a
wellness program and so much more!
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Hiring Bonus
- Relocation AssistanceMust be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series
plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.In this role
you will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring the
patients care including the daily plan and the plan for the stay.
Performs patient care review activities including monitoring and
correcting patient status, documentation for medical necessity of
admission and continued hospitalization and concurrent review.
Educates patients and families about their hospital course and
identifying patients discharge needs.Details of Position:
- Provide initial and ongoing assessments of the patients needs
for services in collaboration with the healthcare team. Monitor and
evaluate utilization of those services to focus on the best
treatment and approach for the patient promoting the timely
progression of interventions, utilization of resources and expected
outcomes within a length of stay consistent with external
regulations and standards.
- Provide utilization management including facilitating
appropriate status assignment per Medicare and InterQual criteria.
Ensure appropriate documentation for medical necessity of admission
and continued hospitalization. Ensure appropriate level of care bed
assignment, apply/interpret payer criteria to ensure conformance
with payer standards and provide insurance reviews. Implement
opportunities to improve effectiveness in utilization.
- Provide transition planning coordination to include identifying
needs and implementing referrals to other clinical care providers.
Evaluate patient progress and revise the care plan if needed. Act
as a resource for physician office, physician and staff regarding
Intensity Severity Discharge (ISD) criteria. Identify barriers to
achieving patients discharge and assist the care team in overcoming
- Provide patient/family education to facilitate an understanding
of their hospital and post-hospital course, their status assignment
and discharge appeal rights and provide advocacy for their
- Effectively communicate and provide clear and concise
documentation according to department standards and regulatory
requirements. Refer to appropriate internal and community resources
- Act as care management resource by demonstrating critical
thinking, portraying a professional image of competency to customer
and staff and demonstrating effective verbal and written
communication with everyone. Maintain knowledge of CMS, Medicaid,
and regulatory agency standards, Department of Health (DOH),
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA). Serve as
a clinical resource and/or liaison.
- Lead progression of care transition rounds, assigning cases to
MSW/Discharge planner for intervention.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing and ability
to successfully pass a clinical competency exam.
- 3 years RN experience that includes acute care,
medical/surgical experience and supervisory/preceptor experience
desired(or may have equivalent combination of education and/or
- WA State RN Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Extensive knowledge of diseases, clinical procedures,
treatment, prognosis and hospital functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Skill in the evaluation of quality and appropriateness of
- Proven leadership ability. Strong organization skills with the
ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as
part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Computer skills to include proficiency in keyboarding and data
- Critical thinking skills, able to assess, evaluate and
- Knowledge of discharge planning, health care reimbursement,
utilization review processes and Medicare admission
status/classification level.PHSW Care Management:
- Within the Emergency Department Case Manager role: coordinate
alternative level transfers (SNF, ALF, ICF, home health),
coordinate equipment and other discharge resources..SOUTHWEST
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood
and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).Benefits Eligible
Statement: PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our
caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual.
We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards
package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are
full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer
base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life
and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options;
tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits,
and expanded EAP and mental health programSee how PeaceHealth is
committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural
.For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.REQNUMBER: 45547
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Vancouver , RN Case Manage (part-time), Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!