Medical Social Worker Dual On-Call
Posted on: May 26, 2023
-The Social Worker provides comprehensive psychosocial
assessments to members. Social work services are designed to
support and maximize the members ability to better direct their own
health care experience through the use of assessment and
intervention, educational programs, and linkage to health plan and
community resources. The Social Worker encourages respect for
individuality, independence and patient choice and collaborates on
policies and systems that respect the cultural, religions, and
ethnic differences among patients and families. Social work
contributes to the medical teams understanding of patient beliefs,
behaviors, and barriers regarding the members illness.Essential
- Uses age appropriate assessment and intervention skills. Able
to use a range of interventions, depending upon the needs of the
- Assists members in developing cost effective, appropriate
health care plans through optimizing the members personal resources
as well as community and Kaiser Permanente resources and
- Promotes multi-disciplinary care that is patient-centered and
considers all aspects of members personal, psychological, economic,
and cultural needs.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Kaiser Permanente
services/benefits, public/private community resources, as well as
federal/state laws which effect health care planning.
- Completes required documentation of services and Social Work
plan of care per department policy.
- Participates in program development, orientation, and
educational activities which further members capacity to better
direct their own health care experience. -Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of Social Work experience in a hospital,
medical outpatient clinic, home health/hospice, or long-term care
setting -OR- successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente NW
Social Worker Internship program.
- Minimum three (3) years of additional experience in a related
- Masters degree in social work from an accredited university.
-License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
hire. required at hire
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Oregon) within 6 months of
hire OR Masters Social Worker License (Oregon) within 6 months of
hire OR Clinical Social Work Associate Certificate (Oregon) within
6 months of hire
- Certified Social Worker Associate License (Washington) within 6
months of hire OR Licensed Advanced Social Worker License
(Washington) within 6 months of hire OR Licensed Independent
Clinical Social Worker (Washington) within 6 months of hire OR
Licensed Social Work Associate & Independent Clinical (Washington)
within 6 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support within 3 months of hire from American Heart
Association -Additional Requirements:
- Ability to work effectively on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum three (3) years of professional Social Work experience
in a hospital, medical outpatient clinic, home health/hospice, or
long-term care setting.
- Working knowledge of KPNW services and benefits
- Expertise with short term counseling interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a
- Advanced knowledge of local and national resources related to
health care. -Notes:
- Sun-Sat variable, including holidays and
weekends.PrimaryLocation : Oregon,Clackamas,Kaiser Sunnyside
Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 1Shift : VariableWorkdays : Sun, Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, SatWorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AMWorkingHoursEnd
: 11:59 PMJob Schedule : Call-in/On-CallJob Type : StandardEmployee
Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : W05-AFT-Local
5017Job Level : Individual ContributorJob Category : Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual CareDepartment : Sunnyside
Medical Center - UR-Discharge Planning - 1001Travel : NoKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Vancouver , Medical Social Worker Dual On-Call, Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...