PRN Medical Specimen Courier, Portland (5624)
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Interpath Lab is seeking friendly people with great customer
service skills and a clean driving record for a Medical Courier
position. In this position, you will pick up, transport and deliver
medical specimens, lab supplies and reports, and interact with
customers in a positive and a professional manner.
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the
Interpath family is so special. Please click here:
Schedule: PRN, as needed; varied hours and possible work
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour DOE
- Pick up, transport and deliver medical specimens, supplies,
correspondence, laboratory reports and other items using approved
methods and transport devices.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients, clients and
- Perform operator care on assigned vehicles, including
inspecting and completing minor maintenance, and cleaning.
- Practice client sensitivity at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of the client, patient, and company
information at all times.
- Administrative duties including excellent customer service to
all patients, clients and employees.
- Answer phones in a timely manner following company standards on
proper phone etiquette.
- Maintain and update courier schedule .
- Participate in training and quality assurance programs.
- Complete Operations Reports, Occurrence Reports, and other
related documents as required.
- Clean and maintain coolers, incubators, and other transport
- Assist in training of other couriers.
- Coordinate with Supervisor, Specimen Processing staff, Client
Services Department, Laboratory staff, Customers, Clients, and
- Practice supply conservation, discipline, and resource
protection at all times.
- Drive company vehicles in accordance with company policies and
applicable public rules and regulations.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and
regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work. Benefit Highlights:
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- No charge for in-house laboratory testing
- Company car
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Licensure/Certification: Valid driver's license with no
- Experience: Capable of driving vehicles with either standard or
automatic transmission We are a devoted team of professionals that
pride ourselves on building a vibrant work culture where curiosity,
persistence, and positive attitudes are at the core. From a
comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and
development program which fosters career growth - we truly value
our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have
built since 1967.
Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a family owned & operated, clinical
and anatomic pathology laboratory with over 90 locations in Oregon,
Washington and Idaho. We are the Northwest's leading, innovative
laboratory dedicated to providing, rapid, reliable, and economical
laboratory testing services. With over 50 years of growth and
prosperity, we are the region's largest independent laboratory. We
emphasize the vital importance of a vibrant work culture and
environment where building relationships, teamwork, and positive
attitudes are highly valued!
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs. Occasional lifting of 30-60
- Able to enter and exit assigned vehicle. Able to sit in
vehicle/drive for up to 4 hours nonstop.
- Able to load & unload assigned vehicle, with frequent bending
- Able to wear personal protective equipment as needed.
- Regularly handling of potentially infectious samples.
- Drive assigned vehicle in all types of conditions, including
built-up areas, freeway, and rural traffic, hours of darkness, and
- Exposure to odorous chemicals and specimens.
- Occasional-to-regular kneeling, bending, stooping and twisting
to perform vehicle inspections and minor operator maintenance,
including changing tires. OHSA Category: This position performs
tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues.
All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity
to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
EOE Disabled/Veteran: Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Vancouver , PRN Medical Specimen Courier, Portland (5624), Healthcare , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!