Customer Service Rep - Teller PT (Salmon Creek Branch)
Company: Riverview Bancorp Inc
Posted on: April 4, 2021
SUMMARY Contributes to the provision of basic bank deposit
services while promoting a positive Riverview image through
friendly and efficient processing of customer transactions while
following bank policies and procedures. In addition, the incumbent
develops skills to generate deposit growth by learning how to
assert himself or herself and effectively sell and cross-sell
Riverview products and services. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Provide customer service and use problem solving skills to
satisfy customer needs (may be in person and/or via the
- Computer data entry and inquiry.
- Process, record, track and verify various types of financial
transactions, information and events.
- Prepare and/or complete various reports and forms
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Sell and cross-sell Riverview products and services.
- Open new accounts.
- Follow branch procedures
- Comply with regulatory and state and federal laws
- Follow all security procedures Additional Duties and
- Participates in and completes training objectives with passing
- Follow all Riverview policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned RELATIONSHIPS
- Daily contact with Supervisor to receive direction and
interpretation of existing and new branch procedures.
- Daily contact with customers and prospective customers in
providing assistance to fulfill their banking needs.
- Frequently confer with other departments providing assistance
and coordination of operations.
- Occasional contact with members of professions with whom the
incumbent must consult from time to time, i.e., attorneys,
accountants, and other financial intermediaries. QUALIFICATIONS To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); and 1 year of cash handling/customer
service experience. SKILLS:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to promote the sale of products and services through
- Requires the basic skills associated with the general use of
computers and other business office equipment.
- Ability to offer flexibility in a changing work environment is
- High attention to detail. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
sit. The employee maybe asked to move files, boxes and/or small
pieces of furniture and must regularly lift and/or move up to 10
pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision in
working with computers, and peripheral vision in acknowledging
customers and keeping a general awareness of activity in the work
area. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
exposed to risk of electrical shock in working with standard office
equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. COMMENTS In supporting the accomplishment of company and
departmental goals, it is the employee's responsibility to do all
that is necessary to provide quality service to customers and
fellow employees while furthering the positive image and interests
of Riverview Community Bank. It is also the employee's
responsibility to continually strive to maximize personal
Keywords: Riverview Bancorp Inc, Vancouver , Customer Service Rep - Teller PT (Salmon Creek Branch), Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!