Posted on: January 13, 2022
One thing that has not changed since we began our journey in
senior living in 1980 is our commitment to---our core values. ETHIC
- Excellence, Teamwork, Hospitality, Integrity, and Compassion -
steadfastly characterizes our mission to continually enrich the
daily lives of residents. We practice these principles with every
task and interaction, from personal caregiver assistance to mowing
the grass. At Touchmark at Fairway Village, we say:
I AM AN---ALLY ------I AM A---FRIEND ------I AM---A---GIVER
Touchmark at Fairway Village is Southwest Washington's premier
retirement community. Our goal is to enrich the lives of residents
and off-campus clients by providing them with exceptional service
in the comfort of their own homes. We are currently seeking the
right person to join our team as a Line Cook.
Do you have a passion for food and a great attitude? Are you an
experienced cook with the ability to turn out great-tasting,
great-looking food in restaurant-style settings and quantities? Do
you want to be part of a dynamic and fun team while serving our
senior population? Drop us a resume! Double plus bonus points if
you have a special talent for desserts and baking! (We can wish,
This is a FULL-TIME position (32-40 hours per week) with rotating
We're not open late, so our cooks are never here later than 6:30pm
or 7:00pm! We offer a regular schedule, no reduced hours for "less
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Washington Food Handler's Permit.
3. 2+ years' experience as a cook in a sit-down restaurant or
commercial kitchen setting.
1. Willingness to learn and cover other shifts in case of
emergencies, but mostly set schedule.
2. Willingness and ability to work weekends and special events.
3. Interest in or experience working in an environment with elderly
4. Patient and tactful when dealing with residents, family members,
volunteers, visitors, physicians, staff and general public.
5. Ability to get along with co-workers, demonstrate integrity and
express a sense of humor.
6. Experience in institutional quantity cooking and knowledge of
therapeutic diets and their preparation is helpful.
7. Ability to organize time and food preparation to specified
8. Ability to make appropriate substitutions to menu when necessary
and report such to supervisor.
9. Maintain safety and sanitation at all times, and prepare and
hold foods according to safe food handling guidelines.
10. Ability to work as part of a team to develop new menu items and
procedures, and offer input into the operations of the kitchen.
Touchmark is dedicated to providing the best for our residents, and
it all begins with providing the best for our employees. That's why
we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to our
team members who work 30+ hours per week which includes:
- Paid time off (including holidays)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans for employees and
- Education assistance
- Bonus and retirement plans
- Health care, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending
- On-Demand Pay allows you to access pay as you earn it
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental insurance optionsAt Touchmark, we have the
privilege of providing a safe home environment for residents. With
this in mind, we require all employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19. If they are not yet vaccinated, new team members must
have received at least one dose by their first day of employment
(and receive their second dose in the time interval established by
the vaccine manufacturer, if applicable) to continue working at
Touchmark. Please note this policy does not apply to our
communities in Montana. Medical and/or religious vaccination
exemption requests will be reviewed upon offer.
We are looking to hire individuals whose values align with ours and
who believe in doing everything they can to lead by example in
safety, compassion, and empathy. If that sounds like you, we
encourage you to apply.
Check us out at www.Touchmark.com.
We're growing. Are you?
Keywords: Touchmark, Vancouver , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!