FOOD & BEVERAGE ASSISTANT MANAGER
Company: Big Al's Vancouver
Posted on: January 15, 2022
WHAT YOU WILL DO: The Food & Beverage (F&B) Assistant
Manager is responsible for assisting the F&B Manager in
managing all F&B operations and delivering an excellent guest
experience. Also ensure that our culinary staff and tools are
running smoothly on each shift and at optimal levels.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing
and presentation of food ensuring that food is prepared to Big Als
specifications and expectations. Coordinate expo and corresponding
- Maintain temp checks, waste logs and other log checks.
- Assist F&B Manager with third-party food delivery platforms
and to-go ordering.
- Assist in weekly and monthly inventory ensuring accuracy and
making suggestions for improvement.
- Assist in product ordering, supply ordering, invoices and food
- Assist in the successful rollout and training of new menus and
- Prepare and coordinate with Guest Service Team to execute
catered events and event promotions.
- Completes proficiency checks and actively train new and
existing team members.
- Assist in scheduling and modifying the schedule when call outs
occur. Monitor employee time and attendance for accuracy. Prepare
daily labor reporting.
- Assists in the satisfactory maintenance, appearance, and
condition of assigned facilities to comply with security, safety,
and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Provide superior guest service and satisfaction by being
visible and readily accessible to our guests and employees.
- Enforces compliance with all local, state, federal regulations
and company policy.
- Opening & closing duties including checking all doors and
setting the alarm or disengaging the alarm upon entering.
- Required to follow recipes and process to ensure minimal food
- Required to follow all proper disposal procedures.
- Required to follow all safety procedures, knife safety
practices and PPE protections to ensure personal safety from
- Must follow all food safety standards and maintain unexpired
food handlers card.
- Required to help maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary
environment. Will remove garbage and recycle when needed, will
participate in cleaning duties such as sweeping, wiping down
equipment, mopping and more.
- Other duties as assigned as it relates to the team
- Reliable; consistently at work and on time.EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma; or equivalent and at least one
year of Food & Beverage management/leadership experience; 2 years
experience is preferred.WHAT YOU NEED TO DO THE JOB:
- Exceptional knowledge in Culinary software; Micros, KDS and
Compeat are preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS office programs, especially MS
- Awareness and ambassador of safety and cultivating an inclusive
- Demonstrated exceptional shift coordination skills and ability
to effectively collaborate with others.
- Proactive leadership skills with initiative and problem-solving
- Inventory management experience.
- Knowledge in alcohol licensing and serving laws. Alcohol
- Current Food Handlers Certification and/or SERV Safe or HACCP
Certification or equivalent
- Stand/Walk: Constantly
- Lift up to 25lbs: Frequently
- Lift 50lbs: Occasionally
- Lifting over 50lbs: Team lift only
- Bending, stooping, twisting: Frequently
- Reaching, Pushing, Pulling: Frequently
- Loud noise level: Frequently
- Hot/Humid Environment: Frequently
- Will work with flames and extreme heats
- Will occasionally work for short periods of time in a freezer
Keywords: Big Al's Vancouver, Vancouver , FOOD & BEVERAGE ASSISTANT MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!