Company: Salsbury & Co.
Posted on: September 18, 2022
WheelHouse Taproom (Opening Soon) focuses on local small batch
craft beer, wine, cider, and liquor paired with artisan food
options derived from local farms and suppliers. WheelHouse is a
place for the community to gather and make long lasting
Bartenders mix, garnish and serve beverages and food to customers.
The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences,
answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve
beverages and food. You will also upsell items, create recipes,
utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning
duties. To succeed as a bartender, you should have a neat
appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be
efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
1. Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to
determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking
2. Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages
3. Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and
serving beverages to customers.
4. Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to
5. Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables
6. Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
7. Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring
charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons,
balancing the cash register.
8. Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash,
cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
9. Developing new cocktail recipes.
Knowledge and Skills
--- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
--- Positive, engaging personality, and professional
--- Basic math and computer skills.
--- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
--- Strong task and time management abilities.
--- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and
--- Expect to be on your feet, moving around, and carrying things
for long periods.
--- Must be able to sit, stand, bend and twist as needed. Requires
walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside the restaurant,
throughout the day.
--- Lifting of 25 lbs or more is common and requires proper lifting
--- Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays.
--- Minimum age of 21 years.
--- Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST within 60 days of being
on the job).
--- Class 12 Mixologist Permit.
--- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Keywords: Salsbury & Co., Vancouver , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!