Security-Customer Service (28 hrs/wk)
Company: SEH America Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
SEH AMERICAVancouver, WASEH America is located in Vancouver,
Washington. It is one of 13 Shin-Etsu Handotai Group (SEH)
facilities located around the world. SEH is the world-leader in the
manufacturing of silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry.At
SEH America, our philosophy and success rest upon our commitment to
excellence, quality of service and product to our customers, and a
safe working environment for our employees.Security - Customer
ServiceThis position plays a crucial role in safeguarding
employees, visitors, and property by controlling access to the SEH
America campus. They also provide customer service to employees and
everyone visiting our campus.These positions are part-time (approx.
28 hrs/week) and may require working nights and/or weekends. Night
shifts receive a 10-15% shift differential. Positions are eligible
for a prorated amount of paid time off, 401(k) plan (with match)
and our tuition assistance program (up to $3675.00 per year for
approved degree and certificate programs). SEH America also has an
onsite fitness center and community garden. Strong potential for
career growth.Duties Include:
- Direct and monitor all vehicle access in and out of the
- Issue temporary I.D. badges for both employees and
- Log in visitors to plant locations; verify ID badges, car
passes, and vendor passes.
- Perform security camera and alarm system monitoring.
- Operate telephone switchboard to direct incoming calls.
- Respond to emergencies and assists plant and/or emergency
- Observe and report irregularities, such as fire hazards or
- Secure gates at established times, logging in, and out traffic
- Provide written reports regarding emergencies, safety hazards,
loss, theft, incidents of suspected or known illegal activity, or
other improper activities violating company policy.Minimum
- Must successfully complete First-Aid, CPR, and AED training
(training provided by company).
- Basic computer skills and accurate keyboarding a must.
- Must be 18 years old and able to provide a valid Drivers
- Skilled at communicating clearly and professionally in verbal
and written form.
- Able to learn, retain, and communicate critical
- Able to sit, stand, or walk in all types environments
(including in inclement weather) for extended periods of time.
- Experience in dealing effectively and tactfully with
emotional/difficult people at all times, including under adverse
- Excel at customer service and able to interact with visitors
courteously in a variety of situations and conditions.
- Capable of learning complex alarm systems, security cameras,
telephone switchboard, and hand radio transceivers.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, including
assisting the Emergency Response Team in any emergency, including
handling communications, crowd control, accident scene
preservation, and building evacuations.
- Capable of learning the plant layout and charts. Must be able
to recall that information to assist in emergency situations.
- Skilled at adjusting to changing priorities quickly and
- Able to respond quickly on foot to emergency situations.Desired
- Prior customer service experience.
- Prior First-Aid training.Offers of employment are contingent on
results of a criminal background check.SEH America is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to military and veteran
status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion,
religious creed, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
protected characteristic under applicable law. Offers of employment
are contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and criminal
background check. SEH-A participates in E-Verify. More information
can be found on our website.Day, Swing, Graveyard positions
available28 hours per week
Keywords: SEH America Inc., Vancouver , Security-Customer Service (28 hrs/wk), Hospitality & Tourism , Vancouver, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!